ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (127/200) > >>

Renegade:
And this is what happens when you completely lose you freaking mind:
 (see attachment in previous post)
The 2 S3 440 GH/s machines are turned to pull cold air out of the room, and - yes that is Dryer Vent Hose - then push the hot exhaust air out through the attic. The other S1 180 GH/s machine only has one fan and no outer housing (rather odd I thought), so it's still dumping a ton of hot air into the room ... But it's at least half assed tolerable in here now.

If these are the "Quiet Ones" (and they are), I'd hate like hell to hear the noisy ones ... Let's just say the wife is not thrilled with this latest development..
-Stoic Joker (August 17, 2014, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Like living on a tarmac, eh? :)

Renegade:
Gold dealers are dropping fiat:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/08/25/gold-dealer-drops-credit-card-payments-for-bitcoin/

The world of gold bullion sales is often peopled by the odd and interesting. Joseph Castillo is one of the latter. The owner of Agora Commodities, his company now only accepts Bitcoin for online sales, a move that has reduced fraud and improved his service.

Castillo talked to Coindesk about his decision, saying that “What we had to do to protect ourselves against card fraud, we no longer have to do with bitcoin – and that saves us on costs.”

The company has done $10 million in revenue through bitcoin since he moved to cryptocurrencies in the beginning of 2014. Customers understood the move and have been working with him to transfer assets via the blockchain rather than the Visa card. Castillo is also planning on building a BTC exchange for his customers. The goal is to create a one-stop-shop for all your goldbug tendencies, including fiat to BTC conversions.

“Bitcoin fits perfectly with gold and silver, right? So if people come to the site and want to buy gold and silver, why wouldn’t they want to buy bitcoin from us as well?” he told Coindesk.
--- End quote ---

Amagimetals has also announced that they are dropping fiat and only accepting Bitcoin.

Stoic Joker:
And this is what happens when you completely lose you freaking mind:
 (see attachment in previous post)
The 2 S3 440 GH/s machines are turned to pull cold air out of the room, and - yes that is Dryer Vent Hose - then push the hot exhaust air out through the attic. The other S1 180 GH/s machine only has one fan and no outer housing (rather odd I thought), so it's still dumping a ton of hot air into the room ... But it's at least half assed tolerable in here now.

If these are the "Quiet Ones" (and they are), I'd hate like hell to hear the noisy ones ... Let's just say the wife is not thrilled with this latest development..
-Stoic Joker (August 17, 2014, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Like living on a tarmac, eh? :)
-Renegade (August 25, 2014, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

hehe not quite that bad. Actually after the temperature stabilized with the exhaust pipes it isn't too bad in here now. A bit warm...yes. But I can turn off the two extra fans I had initially put in the room to keep the system temps down.

I brought two 1TH/s AntMiner S2's online at the office today. The boss got them on eBay for $2300, and we're splitting the take. Plan is to kit both of them with the 1.8TH/s upgrade in September when it comes out.

So now that I've got 1.2TH/s here, 2 headed for 4TH/s at the office, and that friend of mine pushing 6TH/s+ there is a whole string of little monsters you've created... :D

Actually I think there is a 500GH/s upgrade for the S1 we're running available.. :-\

Tuxman:
Seems like Bitcoin (and other) mining is artificially crippled so the miner devs make higher profits:
http://da-data.blogspot.de/2014/08/minting-money-with-monero-and-cpu.html

tomos:
^very interesting

Seems like Bitcoin [Bitmonero/Monero] (and [possibly] other) mining is artificially crippled so the miner devs make higher profits:
http://da-data.blogspot.de/2014/08/minting-money-with-monero-and-cpu.html
-Tuxman (August 29, 2014, 07:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

FTFY (just trying to be objective)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version