ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (95/200) > >>

40hz:
Terrorism! Drugs! Online Assassinations! Money laundering! Tax evasion!

No... This is what bitcoins are really used for:

-Renegade (January 23, 2014, 04:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

From what I've been given to understand, uncut diamonds (and to a lesser extent cocaine/heroin) are the actual preferred currencies for financing terrorism, revolutions, independent mercenary forces, assassinations, major drug deals - and about half of all national government-sponsored black ops programs throughout the world.

A diamond is forever. And things go better with coke. :(

eleman:
I wonder what's all the fuss about this. Computing power costs electricity. Here in Turkey, a 7/24 draw of 300 watts would cost about 25 Dollars a month. Does the bitcoin mining thingie produce more than this (+ the capital expenditure of course)?

And why are the people make their computers burn fossil fuel (albeit indirectly) to solve useless hash algorithms? I can justify folding@home, and even seti@home... but as far as I can see, the computing power used for bitcoin mining is used just for the sake of proving it is used. Like counting sands on a beach. No use whatsoever.

Am I the only one who does not get it?

tomos:
I'm presuming you havent seen the Bitcoin thread ?
(I suspect this might get merged to it).

This aspect of it hasn't bothered me, but I suspect many would agree with you about the power waste.

tomos:
There's also a couple of good posts by f0dder here giving a general introduction.

eleman:
uhh.. yes, obviously missed those. Thanks for pointing them out. I'll be reading now :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version