ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (94/200) > >>

barney:
Reality trumps paranoid delusions.
-Renegade (January 20, 2014, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ya might wanna rethink that statement  :-\.  Money laundering, crime, tax evasion, et al., have been around - i.e., reality - a lot longer than even the concept of bitcoin and other cyber currencies.  Evil or good is not the realm of any currency medium, just the uses to which it is applied.  To paraphrase an old saying, "What Man can create, Man can pervert."  :o :P

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

Ya might wanna rethink that statement  :-\.  Money laundering, crime, tax evasion, et al., have been around - i.e., reality - a lot longer than even the concept of bitcoin and other cyber currencies.  Evil or good is not the realm of any currency medium, just the uses to which it is applied.  To paraphrase an old saying, "What Man can create, Man can pervert."  :o :P-barney (January 20, 2014, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that's Ren's point. The MSM is trying to spin crypto as causal when it neither is nor can be.

Renegade:
--- End quote ---

Ya might wanna rethink that statement  :-\.  Money laundering, crime, tax evasion, et al., have been around - i.e., reality - a lot longer than even the concept of bitcoin and other cyber currencies.  Evil or good is not the realm of any currency medium, just the uses to which it is applied.  To paraphrase an old saying, "What Man can create, Man can pervert."  :o :P-barney (January 20, 2014, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that's Ren's point. The MSM is trying to spin crypto as causal when it neither is nor can be.
-Stoic Joker (January 20, 2014, 09:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly. If they wanted to "stop all bad things", they'd outlaw the USD as it's used for more criminal activity than any other currency. Which is just complete insanity.

Arizona Hot:

Bitcoin is not just digital currency. It's Napster for finance.

Renegade:
Terrorism! Drugs! Online Assassinations! Money laundering! Tax evasion!

No... This is what bitcoins are really used for:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikamorphy/2014/01/22/here-is-what-bitcoin-users-are-buying-on-overstock-com/

1. Sheets

2. Cell Phone Accessories

3. A/V Accessories

4. Appliances

5. Computer Accessories

6. Computers

7. Men’s Shoes

8. Hard Drives

9. Bedroom Furniture

10. Keyboards & Mice

11. Men’s Watches

12. Computer Hardware

13. Storage & Blank Media

14. Living Room Furniture

15. Shirts

16. Perfumes & Fragrances

17. Networking

18. Cookware

19. Memory Cards

20. Towels

21. Area Rugs

22. Computer Components

23. Decorative Accessories

24. Fiction Books

25. Lighting & Ceiling Fans
--- End quote ---

Half a million dollars worth in 2 weeks. At 1 store.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version