ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (87/200) > >>

Mark0:
Andreas Antonopoulos on Bitcoin the technology and its social implications:

tomos:
The videos are great Mark0 :up:

Here's one Ren posted elsewhere (basement)
"Bitcoin Poised To Make SIM Cards Obsolete"

Mark0:
Great. Seeing how spaces on smartphones is at premium, and how the manufacturers try to come up & push with smaller and smaller SIMs format, they should embrace something like this.

Except Apple: they show no love for Bitcoin probably because they are afraid for their next iPay-system-thing...

kilele:
How could one make a site like donationcoder enabling donations with bitcoins ?
For example a download site for homebrew game developers which allowed payments / donations whenever someone downloads digital productions-kilele (December 20, 2013, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

The simplest way would be to just show an address, either in plain text or as a QR code. People scan the code in their wallet application, send, done: bitcoins are delivered.
Blockchain.info offer a simple donation button maker, ready to be cut & pasted on a web page, that generate a different address every time (to complicate things a bit to whom want to try to see how much bitcoins the receiver have accumulated) and display a QR code.

Or, a payment processor like BitPay can be used, to let users pay in bitcoins and receive the corresponding amount in the legal tender of choice, with a minimal fee (1% per transaction or fixed 30$ monthly, if I remember correctly).

-Mark0 (December 20, 2013, 08:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the information!
coinbase.com seems to me pretty easy to use, i'm not sure about exchanging bitcoins into dollars or euros

Renegade:
Bitcoin = world reserve crypto currency-Renegade (December 12, 2013, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure I understand: what would being a 'world reserve crypto currency' involve?
I cant quite tie it in with the current definition of a reserve currency a la http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_currency.
-tomos (December 12, 2013, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

http://words.steveklabnik.com/how-dogecoin-changed-my-perspective-on-cryptocurrency

Near the end:

Basically, BTC is sort of the ‘world reserve currency’ of cryptocurrencies.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version