ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (86/200) > >>

tomos:
Why Bitcoin Will Never Be a Currency—in 2 Charts - Matthew O'Brien

More argument.
-Arizona Hot (December 17, 2013, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm actually a bit stunned how bad that article is. It's from Matthew O'Brien, a senior associate editor at The Atlantic covering business and economics. He doesnt even acknowledge that there are different schools of economic thought. I'm even wondering was the guy just trying to troll a bit, and upset as many Bitcoin fans as possible - which would actually make it a very amusing article.
Funny how the world is sometimes...

wraith808:
^ I do see a lot more of what Renegade was on about before- how MSM and the powers that be seem to be in collusion with all of the FUD towards BC.  That's just one of the more... obvious examples.

kilele:
Amazing concept!
How could one make a site like donationcoder enabling donations with bitcoins ?
For example a download site for homebrew game developers which allowed payments / donations whenever someone downloads digital productions

TaoPhoenix:
I'm actually a bit stunned how bad that article is. It's from Matthew O'Brien, a senior associate editor at The Atlantic covering business and economics. He doesnt even acknowledge that there are different schools of economic thought. I'm even wondering was the guy just trying to troll a bit, and upset as many Bitcoin fans as possible ...
-tomos (December 17, 2013, 03:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Going sideways a bit, "trolls are trolls", but I don't want "senior associate editors at The Atlantic covering business and economics" ... doing the trolling.

I have enough trouble getting my news cleanly, with "known troll rags" out there muddying the picture, without what was supposed to be a Grade A source jumping in!

:o

Mark0:
How could one make a site like donationcoder enabling donations with bitcoins ?
For example a download site for homebrew game developers which allowed payments / donations whenever someone downloads digital productions-kilele (December 20, 2013, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

The simplest way would be to just show an address, either in plain text or as a QR code. People scan the code in their wallet application, send, done: bitcoins are delivered.
Blockchain.info offer a simple donation button maker, ready to be cut & pasted on a web page, that generate a different address every time (to complicate things a bit to whom want to try to see how much bitcoins the receiver have accumulated) and display a QR code.

Or, a payment processor like BitPay can be used, to let users pay in bitcoins and receive the corresponding amount in the legal tender of choice, with a minimal fee (1% per transaction or fixed 30$ monthly, if I remember correctly).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version