ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (84/200) > >>

Arizona Hot:
When the FBI seizes millions of dollars in cash from some warehouse at the heart of an urban drug cartel, the money winds up in a government building somewhere and eventually finds its way into a government bank account, where it helps finance all sorts of government stuff, like the next FBI drug bust.

But what happens when the feds bust an online drug marketplace and confiscate millions of dollars in bitcoins, the wildly popular digital currency that doesn’t exactly align with the government’s way of doing things — and so often serves as a convenient means of money laundering? What will become of the $3.3 million in bitcoins the FBI seized after shutting down the Silk Road early last week — not to mention the $80 million or so in bitcoins they’ve yet to seize from the personal account of the man who allegedly ran the online drug bazaar?
--- End quote ---
The Ultimate Bitcoin Question Can the Feds Spend $3.3M in Seized Digital Currency?

Mark0:
Don't know if all here have already seen it, but I personally become hooked on Bitcoin after seeing this video:

This one also is less technical but present some possible interesting outcomes:

"On the blockchain, no one knows you are a fridge." - Richard Brown  ;D

x16wda:
Mark0 - I appreciate the links - thanks!

Mark0:
Continuing in the (IMHO) interesting videos...

A Mike Hearn (a Bitcoin dev) presentation that show how a simple transaction like "give 1 BTC to Bob" is just the tip of the iceberg of what can be done with Bitcoin:

And here a bit of a leap in to an optimistic near future:

wraith808:
Thanks Mark0... between you and Renegade, I'm coming over to that side of the fence... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version