ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (74/200) > >>

barney:
I'd like to add financial market prediction and investment advice to the list of topics we should avoid like the plague on this forum.
-mouser (November 05, 2013, 10:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1

This is not a venue for discussions of any stock market, soft or hard.  On a personal level, it is completely boring and inconsequential.  On a forum level, it just does not belong here.  We discuss software and related hardware, not an ersatz stock market.  Move it off-forum, please.

wraith808:
Bitcoin is a technological advance.  Just because it has something to do with financials doesn't make it any less so.  Just my .02.  And looking back through the thread, most of it is of a technological slant- even the last article posted.  First we wanted to have one thread to contain it... and now no threads at all?  Just ignore anything to do with it?

Seems a bit off...

barney:
Seems a bit off...
-wraith808 (November 05, 2013, 11:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Perhaps so, but, technology notwithstanding, the general feel of the thread (to me, at least) is more toward profit and less toward the technology.  What I've seen is fiat $$ to bitcoin back to fiat $$.  That seems more financially than technology oriented.  Investments in technology are all good and well, but is this the proper place for that particular discussion?  E-Trade might be a better venue.  There's no particular animus toward the proponents, nor even for the concept, but how does this thread promote the principles of donationcoder.com?

tomos:
Bitcoin is a technological advance.  Just because it has something to do with financials doesn't make it any less so.  Just my .02.  And looking back through the thread, most of it is of a technological slant- even the last article posted.  First we wanted to have one thread to contain it... and now no threads at all?  Just ignore anything to do with it?

Seems a bit off...
-wraith808 (November 05, 2013, 11:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
(my emphasis)

in fairness I didnt see that requested anywhere -
the request was to avoid talk of it as an investment ["financial market prediction and investment advice"].

edit/ I thought the individual post was fine myself, but I can understand the objection in general.

tomos:
FWIW my main interest in Bitcoin is how, and if, it changes 'money' as we know it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version