ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (24/200) > >>

app103:
After 30 days, even with a bunch of people in the DC IRC channel trying to mess up my experiment by hitting the miner page and parking their PCs there and mining BTC for me, I still had not managed to generate a full BTC. And Krishean has some powerful computers!
-app103 (March 27, 2013, 12:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mining is intensive. CPU mining is pretty much dead for BTC, though it is still used for LTC.

I've managed to mine about 0.065 BTC using 2 video cards. That was a couple weeks or so. Not a lot, but still a bit more than $5.00 USD, almost $6.00.
-Renegade (March 27, 2013, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I managed to end up with 0.09773456 BTC after 30 days of using other people's CPUs and 0 video cards. Didn't have to use my own hardware or electricity. So, I guess its a bit less dead than you thought. I did consider getting around the Google issue by adding a link to the miner page as an alternative donation method for people without any cash to donate...let them mine BTC for me, voluntarily, rather than automatically (which google doesn't like).

May have come up with another way to get BTC without spending money or using my own hardware/electricity...work for it. Got an online friend in need of a VA but has no money to pay one. I told him to look into Bitcoins and if it sounds good to him, get set up and start mining. As soon as he has 1 BTC, we'll discuss how much of my time he can get for it. (I figure that may be awhile)

Tuxman:
I accept Bitcoin donations for my projects but no one donates them. Well then.

app103:
-Tuxman (March 28, 2013, 05:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps nobody that is interested in your projects has any Bitcoins to donate?

That was why I considered including an additional link for one to donate their CPU cycles to generate some for me, rather than only accepting actual Bitcoin donations. That way if you were interested in making a "I have no real money" donation, you could still donate something that you do have, even if you don't have any Bitcoins.  ;)

40hz:
-Tuxman (March 28, 2013, 05:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps nobody that is interested in your projects has any Bitcoins to donate?

That was why I considered including an additional link for one to donate their CPU cycles to generate some for me, rather than only accepting actual Bitcoin donations. That way if you were interested in making a "I have no real money" donation, you could still donate something that you do have, even if you don't have any Bitcoins.  ;)
-app103 (March 28, 2013, 08:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

A quietly brilliant idea. :)  :Thmbsup:

Tuxman:
According to my website statistics, my projects are quite famous indeed. I included a link to a Bitcoin generator, but that made no difference.

On a side note, I read a story about a guy today who paid 2 pizzas with Bitcoins in 2010. The Bitcoins would be worth about 750,000 $ in 2013. Well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version