ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (161/200) > >>

Stoic Joker:
It's gone down about $10 since I started looking for ways to buy BTC locally (about an hour).
-Deozaan (November 10, 2015, 04:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hell its dropped almost $70 total today. If highend can wait till Saturday he might just get it for a song by then. I can't afford to move any of mine right now, I'm to far under water.

Renegade:
I understand that the transaction fee is very small and how great that is compared to our current systems (PayPal, credit cards, etc.). But my question still remains:

I've read/heard that they're completely optional, but I can't figure out how to make a transaction without including transaction fees. Are transaction fees optional or aren't they?
-Deozaan (November 10, 2015, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. Fees are optional.

However, miners may not include the transaction, and it could take a while for it to be included. By including a transaction fee, you basically guarantee that your transaction will be included in the next block.

How do you do this? Just send all your bitcoins to a new wallet? Wouldn't that essentially link all those addresses to one address (the new one) all at once?
-Deozaan (November 10, 2015, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes - you can just send all your BTC to a new wallet. That would be visible on the blockchain.

If you want to get rid of any linkage, it's pretty easy. You can deposit coins in an exchange, then withdraw a few days later. That isn't a guarantee, but it vastly increases the probability that you don't receive any of your "old" coins.

Also, you can deposit in an exchange, buy LTC, sell those on another exchange, and then get totally different BTC.

There are many ways to sever that connection on the blockchain.

4wd:
Just an update to my CoinJar experiment:

ID verification was completed within 3 hours of uploading relevant info, this now lets me transfer up to AU$2500/day into the CoinJar account.
One bank account linked and verified within 6 hours, two remaining bank accounts linked and verified within 48 hours.

Linking a bank account isn't necessary since you can still deposit to your CoinJar account by using BPAYw, (up to 24 hours to process), or POLiw, (up to 48 hours to process).

If nothing else these guys are ridiculously efficient.

Deozaan:
Anyone interested in a personal exchange? I'd pay 44$ via paypal to get back 40$ in bitcoins (10% fee).
-highend01 (November 10, 2015, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Still need this? I managed to get my hands on some. :)

Renegade:
Just an update to my CoinJar experiment:

ID verification was completed within 3 hours of uploading relevant info, this now lets me transfer up to AU$2500/day into the CoinJar account.
One bank account linked and verified within 6 hours, two remaining bank accounts linked and verified within 48 hours.

Linking a bank account isn't necessary since you can still deposit to your CoinJar account by using BPAYw, (up to 24 hours to process), or POLiw, (up to 48 hours to process).

If nothing else these guys are ridiculously efficient.
-4wd (November 12, 2015, 08:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Asher and the guys at Coinjar have worked ridiculously hard against incredible resistance to get things working. I've talked to him about some of those problems on a number of occasions.

What's funny is that both Asher and I have the same problems in using Coinjar due to neither of us being Australian. There are extra hurdles there. He's a good sport about it though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version