ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (6/200) > >>

Renegade:
Activist? You know what that's a synonym for, right? Yep, you're right! ( ;) )
-f0dder (October 05, 2012, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Bwahahahaha~! :D

Sadly, that's true! But still very funny!  :tease:

40hz:
My understanding is that Charon is accepting them for the toll.

Guess I better get me two huh? ;D

Arizona Hot:
They look wicked cool - what's the link? I might get one even though I'm skeptic wrt. the whole scheme :-)

-f0dder (October 04, 2012, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

If they are selling the coins, they should take Bitcoins to pay for them unless they are hypocrites.

Renegade:
They look wicked cool - what's the link? I might get one even though I'm skeptic wrt. the whole scheme :-)

-f0dder (October 04, 2012, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

If they are selling the coins, they should take Bitcoins to pay for them unless they are hypocrites.

-Arizona Hot (October 07, 2012, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's kind of ironic when you think about it. Metals are the best (portable/non-land) store of wealth around, and Bitcoins are digital.

40hz:
It's kind of ironic when you think about it. Metals are the best (portable/non-land) store of wealth around, and Bitcoins are digital.
-Renegade (October 07, 2012, 10:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

It is. But when you think about it, metal coins are also still just as much a symbolic representation of economic value as the the digital data in a bank account. The intrinsic value of the metal in a coin is not equivalent to the economic value it represents. So in the end it's really all just symbols and tokens, no matter what the currency is fabricated out of...

Money is more an idea than it is a thing. Possibly it's the closest thing to "pure information" the human race has ever created representative objects for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version