ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Multiple ripoffs

(1/5) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Do you have scars from these ripoffs?

5 World-Famous Products That Are Shameless Rip-Offs

7 Classic Movies You Didn't Know Were Rip-Offs

mouser:
Thanks for posting that -- I happen to love these kinds of side-by-side comparison articles of new stuff vs the old stuff they ripped off or copied (whether the ripoff is real or imagined or coincidental).

40hz:
I knew about the Lego and Finding Nemo stories.

I get more and more disgusted each time I think about either of those. :sick:

TaoPhoenix:
Thanks for posting that -- I happen to love these kinds of side-by-side comparison articles of new stuff vs the old stuff they ripped off or copied (whether the ripoff is real or imagined or coincidental).
-mouser (September 30, 2012, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

(Satire)
No. Those were absolutely not "ripoffs". Those famous American products were clearly innovative. And Apple's lawyer has a letter for you if you disagree about Black Cookies with Round Edges. Now go back to your crushed American Dream and like it!
(/satire)

Stoic Joker:
I really can't get that upset about the Lego thing. Maybe the original was ahead of it's time, or maybe it just wasn't marketed well enough...I don't know. But it brings to mind the Google history of the zipper article. The zipper went through 3 or 4 people before it actually became a "hit". Partially because it wasn't refined enough, and partially because it hadn't found the right application. In the patent mad world of today that would never have been tollerated.

*Shrug* ...Just thinking out loud.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version