ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

DVD Burning

(1/3) > >>

SQUIDMAN:
looking for some suggestions for software, free or pay for that is user freindly and that can take MP4s or avi files and make a DISK that will play on DVD player?
Any ideas, or help would be great, I am not a techie so user friendly is a must! I have already tried a few free one like infraRecorder that doesn't work.  :tellme:

Renegade:
A lot of DVD players are capable of playing video files that aren't actual "DVD" formatted videos. Does that count? Or are you looking for DVD authoring software to do the video with menus and all that stuff? If that's what you're looking for, Mediachance has some good DVD authoring tools - payware, but relatively easy to use.

This is the relevant menu from ashampoo:

As you can see, you need the DVD actually finished as the proper files there. However, there's (S)VCD support there too.

I've never really had any luck with free tools.

nudone:
Something free I've used a few times to create DVD's (with menus, etc.) is DVDStyler: http://www.dvdstyler.org/en/

I own Adobe's Encore but can't be bothered to look at it as DVDStyler just seems to work better and easier - although it looks a bit ugly.

Can't say what formats it is compatible with, I just drag and drop the source video (mp4, avi, whatever) and away it goes.

Only "problem" I've noticed comes from trying to convert source to something it shouldn't be, i.e. trying to change 23. frames to 29. and then the audio went out of sync (well, that's what I think the problem was - converting 23.976 to 25 worked perfectly instead as it simply speeds everything up rather than doing all the pulldown stuff).

edit:
I've just checked the source video mentioned above and the audio goes out of sync with the original too, though, not as much as on the related DVD. So, something odd about the file in general.

tomos:
I wanted to burn a DVD from an MP4 file
I tried using Ashampoo Burn (using the first option in Renegade's screenshot above) without success.

Via this thread What is best program to create a DVD from any video file? I just tried DVD Flick -
is easy to use, it seemed to work (I dont have tv/dvd player so cannot test it myself). There was at least one other recommendation on that thread for ease of use, but I cant remember the name now.

SQUIDMAN:
Renegade just want to make a dvd that will play on home player, don't need menus, titles, or editing functions.
"A lot of DVD players are capable of playing video files that aren't actual "DVD" formatted videos. Does that count?" Is ashampoo able to do this?,
what kind of files are needed for a DVD player to see or play them? See your screenshot above what is VCD support? or how do you check to see
if dvd player has it?  For nudone and tomos will check out your picks, it's not that I mind paying and I have, more than once and never seems to work and they give little or no support once you pay them.
nudone seen the problem before that you mentioned about being out of sink, think it was with a product I payed for! Thanks all for your inputs
TEDD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version