ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Image Pasting Issue

<< < (4/6) > >>

mouser:
Ok, that was quite a bit more work than I expected, but try this alpha version:

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/clipboardhelpandspell/downloads/alpha/ClipboardHelpAndSpell.zip

Please note, this is only a replacement exe not a setup file, so you need to exit CHS, overwrite your old ClipboardHelpAndSpell.exe with the one in the zip, and then restart.

There are TWO improvements in this version:

First, CHS should now hopefully successfully grab the DPI information from image clips it finds on the clipboard, and preserve them when saving image files and pasting images.  This should solve your problem and any problems relating to CHS *changing* the DPI of images on the clipboard that already have good DPI information in them.

Second, there is a new optional option in CHS Image Capture tab, that allows you to FORCE the dpi when pasting images.. This could be useful in cases where you are copying clips to the clipboard that do not have DPI information and you want the DPI to be forced when you paste the images.  You should *not* need to mess with this new option because your explanation make clear that the images on the clipboard have good DPI info.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

IainB:
Not sure if this is the same thing, but I have been seeing a "small image" effect for ages - but it is not an issue for me.
Explanation:

* Occurrence is consistently repeatable.
* Take a screen clip using OneNote screen clipping tool. The image is auto-saved by default to OneNote on a new page in the "Unfiled Notes" section, and is also retained in the Clipboard and CHS database.
The image in the OneNote Unfiled Notes" page is as large as you would probably expect it to be, but if you want to change its shape, then it is draggable to shrink/enlarge it (aspect ratios are maintained when you do this).
You get the same-sized image if you paste it from the Clipboard.
* However, if you subsequently paste the image from CHS (not Clipboard), then you get a smaller-sized result, but if you want to change its shape, then it is draggable to shrink/enlarge it (aspect ratios are maintained when you do this).
Example:

mouser:
Yep, this is the same problem.

Now, the new version is likely to "fix" this problem for you that you may not want fixed.  Thankfully if that's the case just go to the Image Capture tab option and set CHS to "Force DPI" to 300.  That will get you back to old behavior.

JeremyWW:
Yep, this is the same problem.

Now, the new version is likely to "fix" this problem for you that you may not want fixed.  Thankfully if that's the case just go to the Image Capture tab option and set CHS to "Force DPI" to 300.  That will get you back to old behavior.
-mouser (September 30, 2012, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Your new version works perfectly, and IMO as it should work. You've now provided default behaviour that 'mimicks' normal use of the Windows clipboard but allows maximum flexibility by choosing to manually resize the image to make it smaller if you wish (exactly what IainB is doing but 'in reverse' so to speak), and / or forcing a different size on the pasted image if this is the way you work on a particular project / job. Importantly, CH&S pastes an image in the same way that any other clipboard extender does. So I'm happy. Thanks.

mouser:
And thank you for helping me solve a long standing bug!  :up:

New official version will be posted later this week for all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version