ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Image Pasting Issue

(1/6) > >>

JeremyWW:
Hi,

I may be missing a trick, but if I use a screen capture app to capture a screen-shot of an area of the desktop (say), although I can view the screen-shot in the main CH&S window at full size, when I paste into an e-mail (say) I get a tiny, almost thumbnail image as a result. Sure I can use the grab handles to increase the size and I find that the image is at the correct resolution but I just wondered why CH&S doesn't paste a screen-shot at the 'captured size' by default.

Thanks.

mouser:
I wonder about this as well -- it's come up before -- it has to be something about the default DPI assumed when pasting.  Anyone have any ideas about this?

Do most apps copy images to the clipboard that get pasted in your email at the correct size?

JeremyWW:

I wonder about this as well -- it's come up before -- it has to be something about the default DPI assumed when pasting.  Anyone have any ideas about this?

Do most apps copy images to the clipboard that get pasted in your email at the correct size?
-mouser (September 29, 2012, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

In my experience (and I've used a few) - yes, they do.

wjamoe:
by unchecking PNG image optimization the image stays the same size.

you can find this option here:
View>Options>Image Capture> [ ] Save as PNG not BMP (same quality, much less disk space)

JeremyWW:
by unchecking PNG image optimization the image stays the same size.

you can find this option here:
View>Options>Image Capture> [ ] Save as PNG not BMP (same quality, much less disk space)

-wjamoe (September 30, 2012, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm afraid it doesn't. I've just tried that, even tried exiting and restarting CH&S. I still get a pasted image that's significantly smaller than the captured image, and if repeat the capture with CH&S closed, and then paste - no problem, the full size image clip is pasted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version