ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Want to send a Batch file - but gmail & prob AV dont...

<< < (2/6) > >>

app103:
good idea, but they're on XP so cannot open :(
-tomos (September 24, 2012, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

7zip  ;)

tomos:
good idea, but they're on XP so cannot open :(
-tomos (September 24, 2012, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

7zip  ;)
-app103 (September 24, 2012, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know, but again: corporate environment, I dont want to ask them to 'install' software - even portable. I'm pushing it with the whole batch file thing already.
Put it this way - it's in both our interests if they can get this file list, but it's a much bigger help/priority for me than it is for them. Hence the attempt to keep it simple for them...

app103:
This is one of the reasons why I like dropbox so much. Instead of having to deal with GMail not allowing executables, not even in zip files, and the possibility that the recipient won't be able to open a rar file, I can send them a link to download the zip instead of attaching it, bypassing the issues with GMail.

If you have access to dropbox on your end (can even upload to it from the website instead of having it installed locally), this might be the easiest way to go about it, now and in the future. Just zip up the batch file and send them a download link in the body of the email.

tomos:
That's maybe worth a try - at least my email address wont get in trouble. But I was presuming:

1) their AV will pick up on it
2) dropbox may be blocked anyway

But seeing as I wont get in trouble directly, I'll give it a try :up:

Curt:
@tomos
I have just mailed the code as simple text-mail, first to my gmail account, and from there back to my Danish account. No problems at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version