ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Newbie question on Dbl. Click to paste.

(1/2) > >>

JeremyWW:
Apologies in advance if this has been covered, but I couldn't find a definitive answer:

I have a problem with double clicking a cell to paste to the active window. If I follow this process it doesn't work:

1) Open a new blank Outlook email and ensure it is the current active window
2) Open the main window of CH&S by double clicking on the tray icon
3) Double click on a clip cell which also happens to be a 'Favorite'
4) Nothing happens, even though the CH&S main window confirms Outlook to be the current active window.

Thanks. Otherwise, very nice.

tomos:
If you try a straightforward Ctrl+V afterwards, does it paste the correct clip?

This is my experience with an outliner (InfoQube) that uses Internet Explorer for it's text pane (html) - I'm not sure whose 'fault' that is.

I dont use Outlook myself so cannot confirm, but I'm wondering if it uses the IE engine as well for html text.

JeremyWW:
If you try a straightforward Ctrl+V afterwards, does it paste the correct clip?

-tomos (September 24, 2012, 07:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it does.

This is my experience with an outliner (InfoQube) that uses Internet Explorer for it's text pane (html) - I'm not sure whose 'fault' that is.

I dont use Outlook myself so cannot confirm, but I'm wondering if it uses the IE engine as well for html text.

--- End quote ---

Not sure myself. I tried performing the same 'double click paste' to a web form field with same result - no paste. The double click paste also fails after single left clicking the tray icon and selecting 'Show Main Window'. Bizarrely though, if the main CH&S window is already open the double click paste works, and it also works if I bring up the main CH&S window by right clicking on the tray icon and selecting 'Show CH&S main window'.

mouser:
It sounds like the double click of the tray icon may be confusing CHS about what the last active window was..

Does it also work fine and reliably if you bring up the main CHS window by using the hotkey (ctrl+alt+W by default), or via the quick popup hotkey and then hitting w (ctrl+alt+Q followed by W)?

JeremyWW:
It sounds like the double click of the tray icon may be confusing CHS about what the last active window was..

-mouser (September 24, 2012, 08:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's my theory too.

Does it also work fine and reliably if you bring up the main CHS window by using the hotkey (ctrl+alt+W by default), or via the quick popup hotkey and then hitting w (ctrl+alt+Q followed by W)?

--- End quote ---

Yes to both.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version