ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In search of ... a hardware donee

(1/2) > >>

barney:
I have a ViDock4 Plus.  Contained therein is a Radeon Sapphire 62xx or 68xx (I don't recall, and I'm not gonna take the ViDock apart to check  ;).)  I can [probably] find the software that came with it, if there was any.  I don't remember  :-\.  The ViDock comes with two (2) power supplies, a 75 watt and a 150 watt, both of which I have.

The ViDock has a half-card interface.  I bought it for a Dell laptop that had such an interface.  The Dell died before I could ever get the ViDock installed and working.  Reason I bought it in the first place - year, year-and-a-half agone - was that I wanted three (3) or four (4) monitors available, and no software I've found to date can overcome the internal limits for a GPU. 

The Radeon Sapphire is three (3) or four (4) years old, never been used.  It wouldn't fit the desktop I had at the time because of physical placement issues.

It is highly unlikely that I'll ever have a desktop in my remaining lifetime - what can I say, I'm addicted to high-end laptops  :( ;), however, damned few of 'em have that all-important half-card slot, and my distrust of Dell has been reinforced  >:( - but if I did, 'twould be a home built system tailored to what I would then consider my specific, overweening needs at that time.

OK, that's the background/history.

I know there are a few DIY/hardware addicts here from a number of topics I've perused.

So.

The question is, does anyone want this particular beastie?  Shipping is/will be a non-issue.  I just need an address to which to ship it.  I'd hate to see this rotting away in my spare parts bin ... it cost too much to waste  :P.  International is not a problem, save for possible time/customs delays.

Given all the previous, anyone interested?  First come, first served ... reply here if you're brave  :), or PM me.  Either way, it won't cost you anything - I just don't want to see it rot on the shelf if it could help someone else.

Honest, no strings.  This would really help me (if you're so inclined).  I can clear out mucho space in my unused power supply drawer, as well as shelf space the ViDock is currently occupying.

TaoPhoenix:
Are you saying that you're shipping a full laptop to someone because it doesn't have your killer-slot?

So if I announce myself as a potential donee, I might find myself with a nice juicy laptop to play with XXXXX er do work on? : )

Edit: Or is it just a graphics card because your current comp won't use it?

wraith808:
I think it's a vidock with a graphics card inside.  A pretty good graphics card, actually.

rgdot:
I could use it, not sure I would put it to the 'best' (whatever that means) use but I could use it for sure.

barney:
Sorry, folk  :(, for the rest of you, but wraith808 got it.  Simply a matter of timing.  Sorry to disappoint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version