ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 10 ... Light!

(1/3) > >>

wraith808:
Has anyone else heard about Directory Opus 10 Light?  I'm still on 9 because there was no compelling reason to upgrade to 10 and it costs so much for the number of computers (all my own) that I use it on.  Looking at Light vs. Pro, I see that I'm still stuck with 9.  The inability to get the FTP plugin and replace explorer knocks that option out of the water for me. 

But someone else might benefit from it.

tomos:
They've cut out a lot I'd miss too - no flat view, no sync, no admin mode, no multi-level undo.

They claim new reduced pricing -
I wonder are those prices in US or AU dollars??? Oops, I see there's almost no difference these days...
http://www.gpsoft.com.au/order_intro.html

29 / 69 dollars - of some sort or other ;-) :)

wraith808:
What is flat view and sync?  (I know I don't use half of what dopus is capable of...)

tomos:
Well Sync is straight-forward synchronising, can easily be replaced but is very convenient to compare folders within file manager.

Flat view will show all files in a folder *and* all it's sub-folders. They can be shown with or without folders; and grouped according to folder / or not.

Here's the FARR install folder - folders shown on top,
files below, parent folder shown in 'Location' column.

Directory Opus 10 ... Light!

wraith808:
That's pretty cool.  I know that I'm not using DO to its fullest potential, but there's just so much there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version