ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Warp field mechanics 101

(1/2) > >>

Arizona Hot:
This is a serious article by a NASA physicist about the actual possibility of making a warp drive. He is also doing a lab test of the theory. Don't try this at home!  Trekies and true nerds should be the ones most interested in it.  Don't wear a red shirt while reading the article. No screenshots, nerds don't need no screenshots!

SeraphimLabs:
What's most fascinating about this is they actually found mathematical equations to match what I've long suspected about how the Star Trek warp drive works.

It is also possible to "time warp" a warp drive- you effectively outrun your warp field, creating a temporal flux in a similar manner to a sonic boom.

Still reading through this, I'll get back to you with other observations.

Arizona Hot:
While looking for a working link to the paper above, I found a site with more exotic research. The link to the paper is betwen the article and the comments.

Harold White Warp Field Mechanics Update

If you liked that article, try the next one also.

Can doping graphite trigger room temperature superconductivity? Evidence for granular high-temperature superconductivity in water-treated graphite powder

If I find a site with blueprints for a device for traveling into the past, I will post it also.

Renegade:
Can doping graphite trigger room temperature superconductivity? Evidence for granular high-temperature superconductivity in water-treated graphite powder
-Arizona Hot (December 04, 2012, 11:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Time to get your your pencils~! ;D

(I have GOT to read this. Sounds pretty interesting!)

If I find a site with blueprints for a device for traveling into the past, I will post it also.
-Arizona Hot (December 04, 2012, 11:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is Renegade from the future... I know I'm going to read this, so... DO NOT MAKE ARABIC COFFEE IN THE MORNING! You'll take a sip, burn yourself on the boiling water like you always do with tea, then trip, spill it all over your computer and completely monkey the whole thing up! Got it?

That's odd... I just stepped out for a cigarette and that message was there... Hmmm... Must be an impostor. I wouldn't have given a crap and would have given myself the winning lottery numbers for all the upcoming lotteries. Now the mystery is... Who was it? :P

SeraphimLabs:
Wait a second.

Capacitors... of the fluxing kind.

So Doc Brown was on the path of making a warp drive with his Delorian.

Fascinating.

That also explains the space matrix restoration coils. They're using high power EMPs to distort space-time.

Oh my god this could actually work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version