ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

change page size for default printer

<< < (2/3) > >>

Renegade:
Sorry I can't help. I never do any printing in C#, so anything I say is really just guesswork. Is there a "custom" size that you can define? If you have that, you can create a bitmap of what you want to print and get its size... But again... I do all that kind of stuff onscreen.

Stoic Joker:
It sounds to me like it is just streaming to report to the printer as one big report sized page. Instead of breaking the output down into (paginated) page sized blocks that would then "fit" into the tear off points.

Just to be clear, what is actually sending the print job/report to the print driver, your code, or the Crystal/MS reporting software.

If it is your code that is sending the print job to the driver, then you should be able to paginate it to any paper size you like.

Renegade:
@stophereareyou - SJ is *the* printer expert.

stophereareyou:
It sounds to me like it is just streaming to report to the printer as one big report sized page. Instead of breaking the output down into (paginated) page sized blocks that would then "fit" into the tear off points.
-Stoic Joker (September 21, 2012, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

actually I don't want to paginate, the page used for printing is Roll Paper, it is continuous paper without perforation for cutting page, I haven't kept top and bottom margin for the report setting and because I have to set some page size I have set it 12cm x 6 cm that is my content of report without any rows of item content,
what I want is working that report is printing on paper continuously on paper as there is no top or bottom margin but at the end of report printer feed remaining size paper out
i.e.

|  content   |
|  content   |
|  content   |
 -- -- - -- -- 6 cm height
|  content   |
|  content   |
|  content   |
|  content   |
|               |--I want to stop tear off at this
|               |

I can calculate total page size required according to rows in report, in above report I require page height 14 cm, paper size will change as per rows each time...
If I be able to change custom sized paper size dynamically through script...

Just to be clear, what is actually sending the print job/report to the print driver, your code, or the Crystal/MS reporting software.

If it is your code that is sending the print job to the driver, then you should be able to paginate it to any paper size you like.

--- End quote ---

reporting software is sending print and I can't modify reports page size as it only accept page size from its default enumerated list... so can't assign custom size but can be printed on default page for printer,
If I can change default page size according to content of report, that would solve my all problem...

Thanks SJ and Renegade for your replies

Ath:
This seems to be kind of a difficult setting not many people use anymore, so thats probably why Microsoft hid it a bit :tellme:

Others have had the same issues, and on this page is a short but complete description of how to set a custom papersize as a printer's default: http://www.zan1011.com/paper.htm
Tried it with a freshly installed LX300+ II driver (Win7), and the new format showed up in the list of available Paper sizes, after I pressed the 'Advanced...' button of the 'Printing preferences...' of that printer.
I'd set the driver's 'Paper Source' to Tractor (and use the tractor-feed if possible), so tearing off the sheet doesn't move the beginning of the next page.

Don't have the hardware, so I can't try if it actually works, and you probably need to tweak the minimum margins to get all output on the paper, but that's just fine-tuning :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version