ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

%num% counter does not function

(1/2) > >>

screenman:
In version 3.08.01 if I add %num% as a counter to file name template it just puts 001 on each file. Hope this can be fixed as soon as possible.

mouser:
That's actually by design -- the %num% field only goes up when it needs to in order to avoid a conflict with another file name.
But the new version which is about to be released has a separate field you can use to have a persistently increasing counter -- I just put out an update for my FARR program yesterday and expect to have the Screenshot Captor new release out in the next couple of days.

bob99:
In version 3.08.01 if I add %num% as a counter to file name template it just puts 001 on each file. Hope this can be fixed as soon as possible.
-screenman (September 19, 2012, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

The same was happening to me. Until mouser makes a change, here's how I make it work for me.
If you are using any other fields (ie %datetime%, %date%, etc) in the template that automatically changes the filename on capture, %num% sees the change and doesn't increment. But if you use a fixed name of some type (or in my case %quickfield%) and make changes to it, SC increments the files fine. I then put %datetime% or any other varible field names in the comments field to be saved and it still saves the information needed without affecting the file name.

Hope this helps.

screenman:
Will do the workaround and looking forward to the new release.

Many thanks!

_murphy_:
Hello,

is there any way to increase number of digits used with %num% variable? I need to capture some work of our animators and 999 files is just not enough for us  :)

thank you very much

murphy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version