ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google says goobye to Internet Explorer 8

(1/5) > >>

Giampy:
http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/supporting-modern-browsers-internet.html

wraith808:
So that means no google apps on XP unless you use something other than IE.

Hmmm... that's going to go over well, I'm sure.  I only have Chrome/FF at work because I'm a developer and have admin privileges.  A lot of our internal apps don't support anything but IE.  But we use Google apps.

I see a definite conflict there...

f0dder:
It's a nice move, really.

Hopefully it's going to cause enough trouble that boneheaded IT departments will finally realize that having the default browser as IE isn't really what they should be doing. (Several places will still be forced to using IE alongside a better browser, because of retarded internal apps coded by slopmonkeys - but at least the default browser can be FF or Chrome).

wraith808:
because of retarded internal apps coded by slopmonkeys
-f0dder (September 22, 2012, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Why blame the coders for the requirements of management?  That seems somewhat ... wrong.

f0dder:
because of retarded internal apps coded by slopmonkeys
-f0dder (September 22, 2012, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
Why blame the coders for the requirements of management?  That seems somewhat ... wrong.
-wraith808 (September 22, 2012, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Because the coders wrote stuff that breaks in all other browsers, instead of Doing Things Right, with some abstraction layer for IE support?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version