ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Open source cell phone projects.

<< < (3/5) > >>

superboyac:
And now, my thanks goes to those responsible for the Arundino and Raspberry Pi. Those little gadgets (plus Linus Torvalds) are taking me right back to my roots. Woo-hoo! :up:
 ;D
-40hz (September 18, 2012, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I can't wait to get my hands on both of those and start building shit.

Renegade:
And now, my thanks goes to those responsible for the Arundino and Raspberry Pi. Those little gadgets (plus Linus Torvalds) are taking me right back to my roots. Woo-hoo! :up:
 ;D
-40hz (September 18, 2012, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I can't wait to get my hands on both of those and start building shit.
-superboyac (September 18, 2012, 02:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thinking of becoming a cult leader? Or...

;)
* Taoism: Shit Happens
* Hinduism: This shit has happened before
* Confucianism: Confucius say, “Shit happens”
* Buddhism: It is only an illusion that shit happens
* Zen: What is the sound of shit happening?
* Islam: If shit happens, it is the will of Allah
* Jehovah’s Witnesses: Knock, Knock, “Shit happens”
* Atheism: There is no such thing as shit
* Agnosticism: Maybe shit happens, and maybe not
* Protestantism: Shit won’t happen if I work harder
* Catholicism: If shit happens, I deserve it
* Judaism: Why does shit always happen to me?
* Televangelism: Send money or shit will happen
* Rastafarian: Smoke that shit

superboyac:
That article above is very interesting.  Does this mean that if enough local people build these hack cell devices, you can create a local cell network?
Los Angeles is pretty packed...what if, for example, one of these devices existed every 1/4 mile or so.  Would that allow LA to have an independent cell network?  And would govmt or other people be pissed about it?  Or is it illegal?

40hz:
That article above is very interesting.  Does this mean that if enough local people build these hack cell devices, you can create a local cell network?
-superboyac (September 19, 2012, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. It would just mean the FCC enforcement division would have to start putting in a little more overtime. (As you already suspected.) :tellme:

superboyac:
So what we're ultimately saying is, don't even bother.  There's not point trying to come up with a way to create a local cell network, however easy or hard that is to do, because it is illegal.  So don't play with cell technology, don't try to create a custom cell phone.  Why should I learn all that stuff and experiment with it if I'm not allowed to use it?

At least there's no FCC to stop me from playing piano, I suppose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version