ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS Feature Request: Switch to "New" folder on certain hot-key actions

(1/3) > >>

superticker:
Whenever I add a new clip via CTRL-ALT-C, and the Clipboard Help+Spell window opens, it's not always on the "New" folder as expected. It would be nice if it automatically switched to the "New" folder with this hot-key action.

I'm not so sure, however, if it should switch to the "New" folder with a CTRL-C action alone.  I'll have to think about that.  I think the switching to the "New" folder should only happen when the hot-key action grabs a new clip and presents the CHS window altogether.

There's still a bug present (from a year or so ago) in the CTRL-ALT-C hot key where the clip-capture sound is played, but the new clip isn't actually captured. The work around solution is to use a CTRL-C followed by a CTRL-ALT-C combination to capture clips and bring the CHS window up front. This work around works well.

mouser:
I know what you mean about wanting it to auto switch to the New folder.. i've gotten bitten by that before.
Let me figure out if it can be done in all cases or if i need an option for some users.

As for the not always capturing -- that sounds like a real bug i haven't seen.. Any more clues about it?

superticker:
As for the not always capturing--that sounds like a real bug i haven't seen.. Any more clues about it?
-mouser (September 17, 2012, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
You worked on this bug before about 1.5 years ago, and the fixes you added did improve it. But occasionally, it still fails. What I can tell you is the capture sound always plays even when CTRL-ALT-C fails to capture anything. I'm usually doing this capturing in my email client (Courier) to correct spelling, although other apps are affected as well. I'm running Windows XP SP3 and CHS 2.11.01.

I'm mentioning this bug now because you'll be looking in this area of the code again when adding the switch to "New" folder feature.

Since the sounds always plays and the CHS window always comes to the front (as expected), I'm now wondering if the clip is put on the Windows clipboard buffer okay, but the clip just occasionally fails to show up in the "New" folder for some reason when CTRL-ALT-C is used? I guess I could try a paste operation upon failure and report back to you. Give it a couple weeks to happen again, then I'll report back.

mouser:
I'd just love any clue if you can find it about when Ctrl+Alt+C fails or a way to reproduce the failure.

Have you tried searching the entire clip database for the text to see if maybe its just going into the wrong group?

superticker:
Have you tried searching the entire clip database for the text to see if maybe its just going into the wrong group?
-mouser (September 17, 2012, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'll try that next time it fails. That's an interesting idea.

Since the CTRL-C function works correctly, why not simply have the CTRL-ALT-C function call the CTRL-C function as a subroutine, then open the CHS window with "New" folder selected? In other words, simplify the code to fix the hidden problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version