ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

SpammerScammer

(1/11) > >>

Tinman57:
  Here's something to get even with the scumbag scammers of the world.  Whenever you get a scam email attempting to part your hard earned money into the hands of a worthless scumbag, go to this website and enter the scammers email address and the subject line of the email.  The scumbag will then be bombarded with fake emails, making it harder for him/her to actually be successful in hooking someone.  Do read the contents of the site, if you abuse it you WILL be banned.....

http://scammerspammer.com/attack.php

TaoPhoenix:

I put this into one of my test accounts just to see how it works.

J-Mac:
Isn't this almost totally ineffective with many (if not most) of the "From:" addresses on spam being either spoofed or free throwaway accounts?

Jim

Renegade:
Isn't this almost totally ineffective with many (if not most) of the "From:" addresses on spam being either spoofed or free throwaway accounts?
-J-Mac (September 16, 2012, 11:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Pretty much. I can't see it being remotely effective against any kind of real spam. Not even worth enumerating the ways that spammers get around these kinds of issues.

Then for legitimate emailers that get caught in the crossfire, this is just a DOS attack.

TaoPhoenix:
I don't even see any emails from that service yet.

It's like the operator needs to manually turn it on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version