ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Metadata search software

(1/4) > >>

Contro:
I am trying to find a soft for (windows xp pro):

Find all the file whose Author is :
Or contain determined metadata : comment, keywords....

By example find pdf with "psi" in the summary properties.

Exists ?

Best Regards
 :P

Is there a way to conduct a search of document "properties"? My goal is to
place information or keywords in a document's properties and then be able
later to search and find all documents of that type.

-----
I have several files whose filename is not adequately descriptive, so I've
entered values for the 'Title' and 'Comments' fields in the Summary tab of
those files' Properties. How can I search on those fields? I see no way to
do it in Windows Explorer. Thanks.

skwire:
Maybe not quite what you're after, but you can use my PDFInfoGUI app to see PDF metadata.

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/fp/?page=pdfinfogui

cyberdiva:
I haven't tried to do such searches, but I suspect that File Locator Pro could handle metadata searches.  I know that it has a setting to "search raw document data of processed files," and it's got many other settings for finding things other search programs can't handle.  There's also a freeware version, Agent Ransack, but I doubt that it has the same range of features.

Contro:
Maybe not quite what you're after, but you can use my PDFInfoGUI app to see PDF metadata.

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/fp/?page=pdfinfogui
-skwire (September 13, 2012, 07:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

is search metadata on any local file.
google search metadata in webs.
 :-[

Contro:
I haven't tried to do such searches, but I suspect that File Locator Pro could handle metadata searches.  I know that it has a setting to "search raw document data of processed files," and it's got many other settings for finding things other search programs can't handle.  There's also a freeware version, Agent Ransack, but I doubt that it has the same range of features.
-cyberdiva (September 13, 2012, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Trying
First I will try if File locator is able to filter all files whose author is JPR inside a folder.

I will comment.
Best Regards

My comments : No. I don't see the programs (Filelocatorpro or agentransack) search for the author of a document (pdf, doc, xls, etc.) or even search inside a field in the summary fields. By example resume/comments.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version