ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Roboform, crippling the export function and Bits Du Jour censorship

<< < (5/9) > >>

40hz:

Hmmm....I'm under the impression that you still do not have to have bought the product from Amazon to post a review.
-cyberdiva (September 13, 2012, 10:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Diva is correct. I just tried it and you can as long as you're signed in to your account. Maybe I was confusing that with how you're no longer allowed to publish anonymous reviews. Which makes good sense IMO.
 :)

tomos:
Back with the Roboform Bitsdujour thread (seeing as I took it off-topic):

I see (Siber Systems/)Michelle's last response to Steven says:

I feel like I've adequately answered your question multiple times. I would appreciate it if you could contact us directly if you have any additional questions.

My emphasis - I guess that translates to dont post here any more.

Also see that wraith continued with the topic. I was just wondering if the answers were satisfactory (she suggests using backup feature) ?

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/roboform2go-v7/

Steven Avery:
Hi,

A backup feature would only be relevant as an export-import option if it came with a restore feature that is available externally.  It would have to lack encryption (which goes against the expected internal encryption) and it would have to have the layout available, although that might be puzzled out, if there was not encryption.  Generally a backup is simply a mirror of the existing data file, which is useless for export-->import.

Sounds like simply another diversion, smoke and mirrors, from the Roboform crew.

Steven

Carol Haynes:
It has to be a lock in mechanism - they took (and are still taking) enough shit about their license changes - now they want to make sure they don't lose any more customers by locking them into a proprietary format which effectively cannot be exported.

They are a bunch of "duckers and divers" out to screw money out of people for a now substandard service and product and their support attitude stinks. Basically whenever anyone criticizes their cashflow orientated decisions that rob their customers of choices they tell them to go away or censor their posts. They did exactly the smae when people like me with lifetime licenses were screwed - basically told me to bugger off and stop asking questions.

The fact that the only update they have made to version 6 since the license debacle is to stop people exporting sums up their attitude to their customers.

Best thing to do with RoboForm is to stop using it altogether and make sure none of your friends or colleagues do.

I moved to LastPass Pro and don't regret it at all. I happily pay my annual $12 and bought a UBIKEY to make my login more secure.

Stoic Joker:
I'm sticking with f0dder's Fsekrit (small, fast, portable, done).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version