ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Trick-or-treat caramel onions

(1/3) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Has anyone here given these out or gotten one(or are the mothers too paranoid about razor blades and needles)?

Trick-or-treat caramel onions

Deozaan:
That's hilarious. It's both a trick AND a treat! But when I was a kid my mom made me throw away anything that wasn't still in it's original wrapping. If it wasn't wrapped, it went in the trash.

40hz:
I think I want to try one of those. What type of onion do they use? :P

--------------

My town pretty much killed the practice of door-to-door 'trick or treating.' The town now throws parties at the schools for the kids.

That's hilarious. It's both a trick AND a treat! But when I was a kid my mom made me throw away anything that wasn't still in it's original wrapping. If it wasn't wrapped, it went in the trash.
-Deozaan (September 12, 2012, 02:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Pretty much the rule in my house too except we were allowed to keep things like red candy apples (which were the Holy Grail of Halloween treats!) or some of those little mixed treat bags, provided we and our parents "knew" the neighbors who gave them to us. And since everybody knew everybody around where I lived, we got to keep most of what we collected - as long as we stayed in the immediate neighborhood.

Note: it was a disaster of near biblical proportions when the neighborhood grandmother "old Mrs. Blier" finally turned 70 and moved down to N. Carolina to live with her daughter and son-in-law. That was the end of red candy apples on Halloween in my neighborhood. She was one sweet lady. She used to do an 'open house' for the kids on Halloween. She provided treats, hot cider, a bathroom to use so you didn't need to go back home to use one. It was like a Halloween homebase for us. And she made these fantastic (extra-cinnamon!) red candy apples. Sometimes (if she thought the other kids weren't looking) she'd slip an extra candy apple into your bag - always with a wink and an admonishment not to "say anything about it" to the other kids. However, truth was, almost all of us ended up getting a second apple that way before the night was over.  ;D

Halloween just wasn't the same once she was gone. :(

tomos:
Well, I used to cook steak with carmelised onions (fry onions with a little sugar till they brown).
Onions are quite sweet when cooked, so why not go the whole hog and do caramel ones -
I'd try them :-*

40hz:
Well, I used to cook steak with carmelised onions (fry onions with a little sugar till they brown).
Onions are quite sweet when cooked, so why not go the whole hog and do caramel ones -
I'd try them :-*
-tomos (September 12, 2012, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agree. Sounds like it should work! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version