ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Write until you pass out!?

<< < (2/9) > >>

wraith808:
I guess that the purpose of that quote was somehow missed?  The abyss looks back at you means that when you begin to know somthing that is fundamentally different from yourself, you take a piece of it with you and it changes you and vice versa.  If you do the same sorts of thing as the person that you're calling a monster in order to punish them for being a monster, doesn't that make you the same sort of monster? 

TaoPhoenix:
I guess that the purpose of that quote was somehow missed?  The abyss looks back at you means that when you begin to know somthing that is fundamentally different from yourself, you take a piece of it with you and it changes you and vice versa.  If you do the same sorts of thing as the person that you're calling a monster in order to punish them for being a monster, doesn't that make you the same sort of monster? 
-wraith808 (September 12, 2012, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've seen the quote many times before, it's well known. But I purposely switched it up by making the Abyss "a Nice Force" rather than an "Evil Force". Heh - maybe I've OD'ed on comic strips this week, and went for a twist punchline. But there's truth in my note too - once you start getting thoughts like comparing sudoku grids to new age theory, you can't (easily) go back to just watching Da Bears football games and drinking beer.

Stoic Joker:
Last time I looked into the abyss, it blinked.

TaoPhoenix:
-Stoic Joker (September 12, 2012, 01:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's 'cause it liked you!

Stoic Joker:
-Stoic Joker (September 12, 2012, 01:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's 'cause it liked you!
-TaoPhoenix (September 12, 2012, 01:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I said blinked...not winked. (Not that I haven't courted disaster more than once...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version