ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Describe the coolest conference chairs and tables you've ever seen

(1/3) > >>

superboyac:
I'm trying to figure out what the coolest conference room setup is I've ever seen.  What kind of chairs, tables?

I've seen a couple of rooms that can electronically change the glass windows from transparent to opaque.  I've seen some pretty fancy light switches.  I'm curious what kinds of chairs are considered the "best" or the most comfortable.  I've seen where they have little monitors embedded inside the table where each person sits.

zridling:
Perhaps this:

http://blog.livedesignonline.com/briefingroom/2009/07/07/big-show-construction-management-helms-build-out-of-kissinger-global-conference-room-at-the-paley-center-for-media-in-new-york/

The room features a sweeping 40-person elliptical conference table that breaks into 22 pieces and may be stored, along with 40 executive chairs. A sleek elliptical glass and metal map sculpture is suspended in the middle of the space. Along with that, there are five quiet HVAC units, linear diffusers, sprinkler system, 165 lights, 3 robotic cameras, 18 speakers, 2 motorized projector lifts, 2 motorized screens and a large glass and metal sculpture. The conference room’s eastern wall boasts a 65-inch interactive touchscreen which displays content from the Paley archives and illustrates the worldwide reach of the Paley Center’s media studies. It also shows 16 live television feeds from four service providers. The screen can also act as a display device for meetings. Other options in the room include 5×8-foot automated video projection screens on the north and south sides of the space, a pair of Panasonic video projectors housed within the ceiling on lifts, three Panasonic robotic cameras for teleconferencing and broadcast-quality recording, and 22 table mics with cross-room noise cancelling. All technology is controlled by an easy-to-use wireless Crestron control panel.

superboyac:
That's a pretty badass room, z, thanks.  And I like the chair...it's like the knight says in the Last Crusade..."You have chosen...wise!"

I might use the Creston reference.

40hz:
The Paley Center is certainly an awesome display of the opulence and sophistication that is mostly only possible for a non-profit organization!  :P

Maybe not the coolest, but certainly the most unique conference "room" I ever sat in was with a 'New Age' type client I had.

There was a nice river running behind their building. Weather permitting, they used to go sit out on the grass by the river whenever they wanted to "conference." They'd bring an easel pad to write on. They even had us run CAT-5 cable out there so they could plug in a WAP and use their laptops. (The access point was hidden inside a little rock "shrine" sort of thing.)

Just for the record: I hated meeting out there.  ;D

Renegade:
Y'know... I've been in a few nice board rooms, but still, I think the icing on the cake would be hot strippers in each chair with bottles of liquor on the table, ice buckets, fruit trays, cheese platters, cold meats, and whip cream... lots and lots of whip cream...

I'm having a hard time imagining better conference chairs than those...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version