topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Fast View  (Read 30670 times)

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Fast View
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 10:22 PM »
fenixproductions, I actually mentioned it in my previous reply. It crashes on my winxp64.

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 10:24 PM »
http://www.firegraphic.com/

named an image program, but plays music and music videos

no document viewer that i can find
the one missing ingredient to an all in one viewer/player

not free

Yeah it looks good, the list of formats is extensible but for my needs I need more than multimedia viewer. I have a netbook and I want to keep number of running programs as low as possible.

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2009, 10:27 PM »
2kartal
Sorry then. I must be blind vision impaired :)

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2009, 11:26 PM »
fenixproductions, no problem. I do that all the time, reading long list of forum replies is not fun sometimes.

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2009, 12:30 AM »

DonL

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • XYplorer File Manager
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2009, 02:05 AM »
I'd love to see a viewer that would
  • show files in the order they are sorted (no slideshow, just some key to move on or back) - which sounds like what you've planned :up:
  • allow easy zooming in to selected area (I can see this could be problematic if you're showing so many different formats) e.g. Ctrl+Drag to select area to zoom in - or Ctrl+mousewheel, but that usually doesnt allow zooming into particular area - could be really great if it zoomed into where the mouse arrow was

1. yes, it works that way
2. XY's MDBU feature (MouseDownBlowUp: mouse button down on a thumbnail in the file list or on the preview on the preview tab) will always attempt to show the preview in the largest possible size (up to 100%). If this is larger than your screen you can pan around the image by moving the mouse.

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2009, 02:38 AM »
http://www.filesee.com/

http://www.filesee.com/lite/

another i came across

Thanks for the finding it looks interesting.  I will give it a try.

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2009, 08:28 AM »
I'm not sure if this is good.
Looks impressive but no price stated.

http://www.snowbound...viewer_overview.html

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2009, 11:10 AM »

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2009, 04:37 AM »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2009, 04:53 PM »
I'd love to see a viewer that would
  • show files in the order they are sorted (no slideshow, just some key to move on or back) - which sounds like what you've planned :up:
  • allow easy zooming in to selected area (I can see this could be problematic if you're showing so many different formats) e.g. Ctrl+Drag to select area to zoom in - or Ctrl+mousewheel, but that usually doesnt allow zooming into particular area - could be really great if it zoomed into where the mouse arrow was

1. yes, it works that way
2. XY's MDBU feature (MouseDownBlowUp: mouse button down on a thumbnail in the file list or on the preview on the preview tab) will always attempt to show the preview in the largest possible size (up to 100%). If this is larger than your screen you can pan around the image by moving the mouse.

I missed your reply here Don (thanks) so here's a belated response:

The 'MouseDownBlowUp' setting has to be changed in Options - it's either full-size or fit to window - no easy way to change.

I think it would be worth considering some way to zoom into a selected area of an image (with the MDBU setting at 'Fit to window') - you could be making XY the first (and maybe for many, the only) port of call in sorting/organising images  - especially in connection with your posts about tagging Re: Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?

As I say I dont know of any other file manager that offers this combination and as for image viewers/organisers, once you're used to a good file manager, unless you're a pro photographer, or actually editing pictures, why should you have to change from that file manager...
This is also the case for people who work with images, especially mixed in with other files. I deal with a lot of scanned images (it's not fine-art but needs to be a certain standard) - I want to manage them: sort them & get a quick look at the quality of important areas of the scan.
Then if needs be I open them in programme of choice (courtesy xy's portable file associations :up:)

I'd have exactly the same requirements for photos though (personal) - but I will be wanting to tag many of them so I'll have to have a closer look at the last few posts in above thread
Tom

DonL

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • XYplorer File Manager
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2009, 05:15 PM »
I think it would be worth considering some way to zoom into a selected area of an image (with the MDBU setting at 'Fit to window')...
You mean > 100% zoom? Checking out pixels? A bit tricky to wheel the mouse while one button is held down... If you have a good idea for the handling let me know.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2009, 05:38 PM »
I think it would be worth considering some way to zoom into a selected area of an image (with the MDBU setting at 'Fit to window')...
You mean > 100% zoom? Checking out pixels? A bit tricky to wheel the mouse while one button is held down... If you have a good idea for the handling let me know.

With the mouse wheel [+Control key] I was thinking of the way FF zooms - in increments related to the wheel clicks (so no, I wasnt thinking of 100%). I find that an easy way of zooming a webpage anyway.
With an image - it would be ideal if it zoomed keeping the point where the arrow is as centre of the image, that way you would have a selective zoom.

FastStone viewer uses Ctrl+drag mouse to select an area - this area will then be zoomed to size of window.

Acrobat and other graphics programmes use a more complicated system:
Control+Spacebar+drag mouse -> selected area is again zoomed to window size.
Control+Spacebar+click mouse -> will zoom image in increments (for each click).
Add Alt:
Control+Alt+Spacebar+click mouse -> will reduce image in increments.

[edit in square brackets]

Tom
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 05:40 PM by tomos »

DonL

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • XYplorer File Manager
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 06:46 AM »

With the mouse wheel [+Control key] I was thinking of the way FF zooms - in increments related to the wheel clicks (so no, I wasnt thinking of 100%). I find that an easy way of zooming a webpage anyway.
With an image - it would be ideal if it zoomed keeping the point where the arrow is as centre of the image, that way you would have a selective zoom.

FastStone viewer uses Ctrl+drag mouse to select an area - this area will then be zoomed to size of window.

Acrobat and other graphics programmes use a more complicated system:
Control+Spacebar+drag mouse -> selected area is again zoomed to window size.
Control+Spacebar+click mouse -> will zoom image in increments (for each click).
Add Alt:
Control+Alt+Spacebar+click mouse -> will reduce image in increments.

[edit in square brackets]

Not sure now if it is possible but I made a note for v8.40.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 01:05 PM »

. . .
Not sure now if it is possible but I made a note for v8.40.

another idea would be to make it possible to toggle the 'Shrink to fit window' when the preview is open - not exactly what I was looking for but close!

[edit] NOT wanting you to abandon the quest ! but maybe it's better/easier to do it in smaller steps ? - I dunno anything about programming . . [/edit]
Tom
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 01:08 PM by tomos »

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2012, 11:29 PM »
ImageWalker is now called Diffractor.

Details at http://www.diffractor.com/

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 11:52 AM »
ImageWalker is now called Diffractor.
Details at http://www.diffractor.com/

-but when later removed from the computer, it leaves 11 keys and 58 values in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Diffractor, and a database in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Diffractor behind.

The program is smart and surprisingly fast, and even nice (in a posh, modern way).
I just didn't like it enough to keep it.