topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:14 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Paste As File 2.2.0.0 Beta  (Read 3319 times)

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
Paste As File 2.2.0.0 Beta
« on: September 07, 2012, 02:17 PM »
I have made a few changes/updates to Paste As File. In this BETA version I have added a preview panel so you can see what text or image is in the clipboard and I added a way to allow PAF to suggest a file type/extension. It is called Suggestions and if any of the "words" in the Suggest string matches the text in the clipboard, it will suggest the file type/extension that is associated with the Suggest string. There are only 3 built in HTML, PHP and CSS, but you can also add your own. So if you are a programmer you can add specific "words" to look for and PAF will suggest the file type/extension. I have not updated the help file yet, so you will have to play around with it a bit. The Suggest strings are searched in the order they appear in the dialog, so if you have HTML before PHP in the dialog and you have text in the clipboard that contains HTML code and PHP code, it will use HTML since that is what it would see first.

To edit the suggestions, RIGHT CLICK in the extension edit box when pasting to a text file.

You can download PAF Beta here https://www.box.com/s/45mc57vv5kbeqj01s8pd

Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

PAFBeta.png
PSFSuggestions.png