ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Toggle X-Mouse.

(1/3) > >>

TaoPhoenix:

A while back I commissioned (and later posted here) a super-simple Micro-App that just toggled the "show/hide extensions" part of Windows, because I found myself needing extensions doing document control and web stuff, and hiding them to do content creation.

I am interested in the same idea here, with another property. With TweakUI, I recently enabled X-Mouse like function, where the active window follows the mouse. However, that was for a specific use, namely my job search between the browser on Monster.com and my spreadsheets. The rest of the time I am discovering it gets in the way. (You can't get to dialog boxes because they vanish behind other windows.)

So what about just a binary "double click this widget" and it toggles on or off X-Mouse? The attached picture would be in the Options setting, maybe right clicking it or something. Tip: My other widget doesn't reside in memory - it toggles, and exits. I would like that behavior here too.

And yes, the number of milliseconds is intentional.  ;D

skwire:
Here you go: http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/snacks/X-MouseToggle.zip

There are a couple of values in the included config.ini that you will need to set before running it.  After you set those values, simply run X-MouseToggle.exe as necessary to toggle X-Mouse functionality on and off.

TaoPhoenix:
Hmm. It turns X-Mouse off, but then it doesn't come back again.

skwire:
Which OS are you using?

TaoPhoenix:
Which OS are you using?
-skwire (September 07, 2012, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's Win XP, but there seem to be a couple of wrinkles where stuff from here doesn't always work like we think it should. The "DC's Resident Pest" joke came from prior snacks with you and maybe Chris Gingerich where I was getting funny results. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version