ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS Request - Appending WindowsTitle, DateTime etc. within the clip

<< < (5/7) > >>

mouser:
I think this may be because my AHK script forces the Paste to be made from the Clipboard buffer, with all formatting intact, so it bypasses the CHS processing.
--- End quote ---

Yes, remember, CHS does not take over normal Ctrl+V pasting.. it's only going to do this if you paste using the CHS paste function.  Note that you can however set a custom hotkey that will paste the last clip using the template.

mouser:
However, there is also some sporadic (doesn't happen every time) creation of new "canvas" rectangles on pasting into OneNote, rather than the Paste content staying within the canvas I had left the cursor in prior to making the paste
--- End quote ---
'

see if you can find any clue to why this happens.. it's possible it has to do with CHS not giving the application (onenote) time to refocus.. i could try adding a tweak option to give this more time to try to see if this is indeed the cause..

IainB:
Regarding filter, can you try using the field "Description" instead of Notes.. I named it Description in the database for some unknown reason.
-mouser (October 18, 2012, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks. That works!
I only just noticed the error message (buried right at the bottom of the screen) when I used the "wrong" SQL filter:    :-[
Error X19: DBISAM Engine Error # 10051 Filter error for the table 'ClipTable' - Expected column name but instead found Notes in filter expression at line 1, column 34 [Hint check virtual group sql]

--- End quote ---

...CHS does not take over normal Ctrl+V pasting.. it's only going to do this if you paste using the CHS paste function.  Note that you can however set a custom hotkey that will paste the last clip using the template.
-mouser (October 18, 2012, 02:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for this tip.

see if you can find any clue to why this happens.. it's possible it has to do with CHS not giving the application (onenote) time to refocus.. i could try adding a tweak option to give this more time to try to see if this is indeed the cause..
-mouser (October 18, 2012, 02:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
OK, shall report back after I have done some more investigating.

m9833:
Check your grid to make sure the URL is being captured in the Notes column; no point in us trying to debug the template feature if it's not even capturing the URL.
-mouser (October 18, 2012, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

You are right. The URL does not appear in the Notes column. Do I need to make changes in the settings for it to do so?  :tellme:

mouser:
Make sure you have the option checked to grab URLs as notes, on Capture Options tab:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version