ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS Request - Appending WindowsTitle, DateTime etc. within the clip

<< < (6/7) > >>

m9833:
Thanks Mouser. That worked!  :Thmbsup:

I have now moved on to further exploration and noticed another issue. I am not sure whether this is bug or is something which needs setting adjustments at my end:

The %Title% operator is not capturing the window title. Instead it is capturing the same information as the %Application% operator. So when I copy something from this page, instead of capturing the title (CHS Request  - Appending .... DonationCoder.com - Mozilla Firefox), it just captures the date followed by (Firefox).

A more concrete example follows:

The template:

--- ---
--------------------

The following text has been copied from %Title% ( %Notes.withprefix%)
 in %Application% on %CreationDateTime%

: - -

%clip%

--------------------

results in

--- ---
--------------------

The following text has been copied from 20.10.2012 (Firefox) ( Notes: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=32163.new#new)
 in Firefox [firefox.exe] on 10/20/12 16:28:16

: - -

Make sure you have the option checked to grab URLs as notes, on Capture Options tab

--------------------

Thanks for looking into these issues and for the helpful hints  :)

mouser:
Ok this is an excellent question, and it's bound to be a source of confusion.

The "Paste Templates" work with clips stored in the database.  The clips in the database do not record the window title associated with each clip.  They only record the application name.  The %Title% field refers to the clip "Title" column in the grid.

Now, at the time of capturing a clip, the Window Title *IS* available at the moment of capture, and you can use this window title as part of what gets stored as the clip record "title"..  Confusing isn't it?

Let me explain it in another way.  If you go into CHS options, on the "Clipboard" tab you will see a box for "Clip Naming"; this is where you set the title column for the clips in the database.  Here you can use "%windowtitle%" if you wish.  (By default the clip Title is the date and application name).

So what you could do is modify that field to save the window title, and then when you use %Title% in the Paste Template, you'd get the clip record title, which would include the window title..

Perhaps I should add a new column for every clip that stores the captured window title explicitly for every clip?

That would solve this problem and perhaps be useful in finding relevant clips when searching and filtering..

m9833:
 :D That was an excellent tutorial on a really confusing concept.  You are an excellent distant learning trainer.

AND: Your Advice Worked. I will continue my lookout for posing more queries. :)

mouser:
I have uploaded a new beta; there is now a new dedicated column/field for all clips which stores the active window title, and it can be used explicitly in Paste Templates, referred to by %WindowTitle%.

(again this will field will only be non-blank work for new clips captured since the new beta was installed).

IainB:
In the Options | Capture Options, is there any chance of getting an increase in the text capture max size limit, and of turning on the Richtext and/or OLE data options? The latter seem to be still greyed-out in my installed version 2.16.02.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version