ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite computer game from when you were young?

<< < (22/28) > >>

mouser:
i dont remember if i played that on our 2600 - but if i did i may have blocked out the memory - damn that looks boring.  pitfall harry - now that was *the* atari 2600 game.  I remember when activision started making carts for the atari - i wonder if that was one of the very first example of successfull 3rd party cartridge developers.  It was exciting times when Activision started making games - they had a real quality to them.

Edvard:
Personally, I'm torn between Zork and Lode Runner on the Apple IIe.

Then, fast forward to sometime in the late 90's (when I was youngER...) and there's no question. The first computer game I had played in years...

Hover!

This one kept my sister-in-law from clinical depression when she was unemployed.

tinyvillager:
I am sure we will all agree that this was one of the worst games ever.  :P

[ Invalid Attachment ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhU4GrdAMuI
(you can watch the full game being played and won)

What is funny is how many people actually bought it. Every time I buy out someone's full collection of old atari games, this one is almost always in it. (I buy old atari collections at yard sales)
-app103 (January 19, 2007, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

It was the worst game ever and i bought it too,everytime i watch a documentary about video games,it was E.T. that marked the end of the videogame boom...then Nintendo and Mario revived it.

CodeTRUCKER:
Parsec (TI99-4A)  Since I worked for T.I. I had access to games for the TI99-4A before they were available to the public and BEFORE the games were burned on ROM cartridges. 

When Parsec first came out there was no cart.  I copied the code into RAM (no offline storage) line-by-line for many hours into the "99" I borrowed from the assembly line (it was authorized by my boss) one weekend just so I could play the game for about forty mins. Talk about your law of diminishing return! :P

Oddly, the "Parsec" I coded and played was NOT this one below, even though they were both T.I. products.  The "Parsec" I played had a space station in the middle of the screen and the aliens would come in from north, south, east and west with ever greater speed and frequency until you succumbed and you would eventually succumb!...

Lashiec:
GOD! That's the famous Atari 2600's ET! The game that caused the video game crash in 1983 and almost killed Atari altogether in the process. You know about the millions of carts buried in New Mexico, don't you? ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version