ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your favorite computer game from when you were young?

<< < (21/28) > >>

Lashiec:
I forgot to mention this one...

Crystal Castles
-app103 (January 12, 2007, 12:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

For heaven's sake, what a port of such nice arcade game!

vegas:
I forgot to mention this one...

Crystal Castles

-app103 (January 12, 2007, 12:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Wow, crystal castles! totally forgot about that game, with the little trees bouncing around.  Nice call.

Renegade:
Tunnels of Doom on the TI-99/4A.

The TI-99/4A was a great little machine, and had massive advantages over a lot of the others in the market at the time. TI dropped the line though. I guess Commodore and Atari were just too popular for TI to carve out much of a market share.

scriptedfun:
Round 42!!!

That game was amazing :) 42 levels of Space Invaders-type gameplay - but the enemy types were different in each level - not just in the way they looked, but in the way they behaved, so you had to approach each level differently. And the graphics were nice! We had a CGA card back then, but I was really amazed that the game ran in 16-colors - which was probably made possible by the "Lores Toolbox" which the authors (Elven Software) also sold.

They indicated that the game was written in Turbo Pascal - one of the things that made me realize that games can actually be made at home with the right tools :) I really wanted to learn Pascal back then to make a game just like that! :)

I think Borland even marketed "starter kits" to go with Turbo Pascal back then - I can't remember the exact term. They had a game pack, I think something like a spreadsheet pack, etc.

app103:
I am sure we will all agree that this was one of the worst games ever.  :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhU4GrdAMuI
(you can watch the full game being played and won)
What is funny is how many people actually bought it. Every time I buy out someone's full collection of old atari games, this one is almost always in it. (I buy old atari collections at yard sales)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version