ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Links to Infos about Regular Expressions

<< < (3/3)

cranioscopical:
(Posting here, despite a hiatus in the thread, as this topic is easy to find for anyone looking for regex help.)

Smashing Magazine has gathered quite a useful collection of items and links about regex's here

widgewunner:
Speaking of Regular Expressions... Jan Goyvaerts, Regex-Guru and creator of RegexBuddy, EditPad Pro and PowerGrep, and keeper of http://www.regular-expressions.info/ website, has published a brand new book: Regular Expressions Cookbook through the good folks at O'Reilly. It is now freshly hot off the press (released just a couple days ago - my pre-ordered Amazon copy is currently on a UPS truck somewhere in the Midwest on its way to my house.)

If you want to buy it, you can do Jan a favor by ordering through Amazon using special links as he describes in a post on his private forum:

Regular Expression Cookbook is now available for pre-order.  If you click on the Amazon links in my blog post at http://www.regexguru.com/2009/01/regular-expression-cookbook-available-for-pre-order/ Amazon will pay me an affiliate commission, which will pretty much double the slice I get from what you pay for the book.-Jan Goyvaerts
--- End quote ---

Although I've already read Jeffrey Friedl's masterpiece: "Mastering Regular Expressions - 3rd Edition", which is the definitive guide (the SlashDot review gave is a score of 11 out of 10), I have become a regex junkie and devour everything I can find on the subject. I'm hoping that Jan's new book will be as good as everything else he has created. His company is very well named indeed: Just Great Software.

tinjaw:
my pre-ordered Amazon copy is currently on a UPS truck somewhere in the Midwest on its way to my house.-widgewunner (June 05, 2009, 12:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh! Oh! Oh! Then mine must be too!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version