ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple Patents Shutting Down Phones and Functions

<< < (3/4) > >>

Renegade:
^ It is funny! But too bad it's now the first to file instead of the first to invent under the new US Patent law.
-40hz (September 04, 2012, 05:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Y'know... It would be interesting to see what the parallel universe is like where that actually makes at least a tiny iota of sense. :P

When did that law insanity get passed rammed down the people's throats?

@Stephen - I love those pics! Hilarious~! ;D

zridling:
What goes around, comes around:

Chinese Copycat Company Copies Apple's Phone -- And Its Patent Lawsuit Strategy!
http://www.cultofmac.com/188571/goophone-claims-to-have-already-patented-the-next-iphones-design-will-ban-sales-in-china/
The GooPhone i5 is a "pre-emptive" counterfeit of the upcoming iPhone 5, based on leaked photos and other information. It runs Android Jellybean. Copycat rip-off iPhone clones are nothing new -- even ones that come out before Apple ships. But now, GooPhone i5 people are threatening to sue Apple, saying they've patented the design of the phone in China and intend to block Apple's sales of the iPhone 5 there.

Renegade:
What goes around, comes around:

Chinese Copycat Company Copies Apple's Phone -- And Its Patent Lawsuit Strategy!
http://www.cultofmac.com/188571/goophone-claims-to-have-already-patented-the-next-iphones-design-will-ban-sales-in-china/
The GooPhone i5 is a "pre-emptive" counterfeit of the upcoming iPhone 5, based on leaked photos and other information. It runs Android Jellybean. Copycat rip-off iPhone clones are nothing new -- even ones that come out before Apple ships. But now, GooPhone i5 people are threatening to sue Apple, saying they've patented the design of the phone in China and intend to block Apple's sales of the iPhone 5 there.
-zridling (September 05, 2012, 02:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

That. Is. HILARIOUS~! ;D

It seems to me that there is some room for innovation here though... And it seems crystal clear that new innovation is needed in the education system to come up with classes in douchbaggery. The whole world is moving in that direction so fast. I kind of feel cheated that I was never properly taught how to be a douchebag...  :mad: Maybe I can sue for that...  :Thmbsup:

40hz:
When did that law insanity get passed rammed down the people's throats?
-Renegade (September 05, 2012, 12:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

It was part of the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (AIA) of 2011.

The "first to file" rule will become effective in the USA on March 13, 2013.

Interestingly, the Unites States is the only country that had not adopted a "first to file" rule for patents up until the passage of the AIA. So when it comes to legal douchebaggery (love that expression  >:D), it would seem the USA was behind the curve. For once.

Oh well...fixed now! ;D

Mark0:
That Braun vs Apple is fantastic!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version