ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

instant linux on winxp

<< < (7/11) > >>

Paul Keith:
How exactly did you install Puppy?

As far as I know QemuPuppy should just be an icon. Click it and out pops a window just like a normal VM.

Normal puppy is often recommended as live cd first and foremost before frugal/whatever Linux likes to call installing in HD.

It would be highly strange to get into a situation where you might accidentally find yourself in a position to reboot to Puppy as a newb.

kalos:
well, i installed  "Puppy Linux 528.exe", which is supposed to be a linux installer in winxp

Paul Keith:
I've never tried it. From the description it sounds like you just wubi'd Puppy into your Windows.

It definitely won't be an instant linux on winxp since it's a separate partition. You need to look for the instructions specifically for QemuPuppy to just get a Virtual Puppy on your usb stick.

skwire:
kalos, I really think you need to go with the virtual machine route.  That's the least invasive way to do what you want.

40hz:
kalos, I really think you need to go with the virtual machine route.  That's the least invasive way to do what you want.
-skwire (September 07, 2012, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think it's more like the only way. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version