ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Scott Hanselman's Posts on Getting the Most from Windows 8

<< < (2/2)

Stoic Joker:
Nice HotKey list he's got there. I'm always looking for new keyboard shortcuts.

Haven't jumped to 8 on a primary machine yet ... But I'm thinking about it. Just can't decide which one to sacrifice (home or work) to the cause first.

shanselman:
Thanks. I don't hide that I work for Microsoft (for the last 4 years) but I don't work for Windows and I don't have a horse in this race. My opinion isn't colored by a paycheck I don't need. My focus is the web, angle brackets and curly braces. I've always said use whatever OS makes you happy.

My point with the point was that I was very down on Win8, but after a few weeks of using it and learning some hotkeys, it's basically just Windows 7 with some nice polish and some new features. It's not the scary drama that some tech reviews imply it is.

mouser:
Welcome to the site Scott -- great to see a post from you.   :up:
I hope you'll also continue to write about Windows 8 -- it's good to read a developer's perspective on it.

shanselman:
Pleasure. BTW, big fan. You know I love all your stuff.

Josh:
My point with the point was that I was very down on Win8, but after a few weeks of using it and learning some hotkeys, it's basically just Windows 7 with some nice polish and some new features. It's not the scary drama that some tech reviews imply it is.
-shanselman (September 05, 2012, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just moved to Windows 8 last week and I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying the transition. Your article is one of the greatest resources I have found for useful Windows 8 information. The Winkey+X is my new favorite toy in Windows. I need to find a way to customize it. I am sure there is a way, we just have to dig it up.

Thanks for the outstanding article, Scott! It is great to see someone who can appreciate what Windows 8 has to offer. I have nothing but good things to say about it since I've installed it. I am still working on a way to transition my wife to it (MSI uses proprietary AMD drivers, so I have to see if a hacked version exists for her laptop).

Thanks again!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version