ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

IE change

(1/2) > >>

pinto12345:
Have always been with IE want to change. Hit on crome a time or two but went back to IE. Where would you suggest trying to look I do little IM and some sales. All light work but would like to try something else. When you get out a little you see other things. Where would a old man start at . Thinking of letting IE go. Need a push, in the right direction. Thanks Larry

KynloStephen66515:
www.opera.com

I suggest this as a strong fan of Opera AND someone who has been stung by Firefox's upgrade policy, my hatred of Chromes constant crashes and my hate of IE.

I am sure many people here would recommend other browsers, so, don't take my word for it, plenty of opinions on browsers can be found right here on DonationCoder :)

Welcome to DoCo by the way :) - Nice to see a new face.

rgdot:
Welcome Larry. I believe you will find consensus in ditching IE but won't find any as far as which other browser to go to.

On balance I am happiest with firefox but its RAM, CPU and how poorly flash works have pushed me to Chrome and Opera. Mostly for geeky, experimental purposes I have tried Maxthon, SlimBrowser, K-Meleon and others. My earlier internet days were almost exclusively Seamonkey's predecessor Netscape.

Stoic Joker:
I like IE and have no intention of switching.

Josh:
This image pretty much sums up my thoughts on web browsers....and yes, I use chrome and have had zero issues with it. Not once has it crashed, I have all of the functionality I need, and it is very snappy and quick to respond.

IE change

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version