ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's about ... oldish films

<< < (2/12) > >>

superboyac:
Danny Kaye!  Thanks 40.  The movie I think I was thinking of was A Song Is Born.

I'll have to rewatch it, but I'm pretty sure that's it.

So what do you guys think of these old movies?  have they stood the test of time?  I've been sorely disappointed by the last 3-5 years of Hollywood's movies, I was wondering how these "Golden Era" movies have stood up to those who maybe were familiar with them before we got desensitized to the sheer quantity of produced movies.

Also...ok guys, there are two movies that I once liked as a kid, but I have ZERO idea what the title/actor/etc is so I've never been able to find them.  Here they are:
--A suspense movie with a blind girl.  A thief comes into her apartment and there's a whole thing that happens with her turning the lights off, the phone, and some other stuff I don't remember.  Very fun movie.

--This movie is black and white and takes place entirely on one subway train trip.  The whole thing is about a bully who comes on the train and how people react to it, i think.  But the main feature is that it's literally just one scene on the train the whole movie.

I haven't seen these movies in maybe 20 years.  help!!

barney:
--A suspense movie with a blind girl.  A thief comes into her apartment and there's a whole thing that happens with her turning the lights off, the phone, and some other stuff I don't remember.  Very fun movie.
-superboyac (September 01, 2012, 11:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not certain, but think that was Wait Until Dark.  At least, that was about a blind woman in an invaded apartment.

I remember seeing the subway movie, but have no recollection of the title.  I'm kinda partial to the old black-and-whites  :up: (especially the old sci-fi  :Thmbsup:), but don't remember titles worth a damn  :down:.

superboyac:
--- End quote ---

Not certain, but think that was Wait Until Dark.  At least, that was about a blind woman in an invaded apartment.

I remember seeing the subway movie, but have no recollection of the title.  I'm kinda partial to the old black-and-whites  :up: (especially the old sci-fi  :Thmbsup:), but don't remember titles worth a damn  :down:.
-barney (September 02, 2012, 12:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
The Incident !! :Thmbsup:

I'll snark myself on this one...let me google that for you.  Shut up.

superboyac:
Enjoy guys, the famous Benny Goodman scene.  I was enjoying this years before I even knew or could play jazz:

http://min.us/mQ43u6A8m/1e

barney:
So what do you guys think of these old movies?  have they stood the test of time?  I've been sorely disappointed by the last 3-5 years of Hollywood's movies, I was wondering how these "Golden Era" movies have stood up to those who maybe were familiar with them before we got desensitized to the sheer quantity of produced movies.
--- End quote ---

Dunno 'bout the rest, but I'll watch Singing in the Rain any time it comes on TV.  Then there's On the Waterfront, or Guys and Dolls, or White Christmas, or ...  Don't think current filmology can even begin to hold a candle to the stuff I watched as a youngling.  Those had plot and actors, both of which seem to be sadly lacking in today's movie world.  But I'm really a fan of the old black-and-white sci-fi movies.  Who could out-perform Exeter  :-\ :P?!?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version