ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's about ... oldish films

<< < (11/12) > >>

40hz:
OK, fully back on topic!

Speaking of Danny Kaye earlier, I can't believe I forgot to mention another one of my favorites: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty based on the James Thurber short story of the same name. It had some nice performances by Virgina Mayo as his wife, and (surprise surprise!) Boris Karloff as Doctor Hollingshead.

Great little film. Maybe not as profound as Jimmy Stewart's Harvey. But a fun film nonetheless. :up:

40hz:
@4wd - all of them good!

Let's also add in:

Things to Come, a 1938 adaptation of H.G.Wells story Shape of Things to Come.

This may be the original PA picture even if ut didn't have zombies! ;D

YouTube has the full movie online (see below)

The Village of the Damned (1960) that rather creepy adaptation of John Wyndham's sci-fi novel The Midwich Cuckoos

Full movie also on Youtube:

superboyac:
You're killing me!!

4wd:
Creature features :D
The Giant Claw (1957) - very, very cheesy  ;D

Tarantula (1955) (full movie)

Them! (1954)

Never really got into the Black Lagoon trilogy, ie. Creature from the Black Lagoon, Revenge of the Creature, The Creature Walks Among Us.

But I do have all the Godzilla, Mothra, Gamera, etc films.  If you've only ever seen the done for the USA version of Godzilla, (Raymond Burr, 1956), do yourself a favour and get the original Japanese version, Gojira (1954) - it's better.

Move forward a little to the 60's and the ultimate spy  ;)

barney:
At the moment, watching an old Frank Sinatra/Jimmy Durante/Peter Lawford black-&-white.  Been a long time since I've see Durante in anything.  Kathryn Grayson as the female lead.  It's basically a romance, but Jimmy makes it a lot more.  I really miss movies like this.  Lots of trauma, lots of music, lots of chutzpah (is that the right term?).  There's some meat to it, light as it may be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version