ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help me Improve my Culinary Card Game for Kickstarter: Cooking Party Cards

<< < (5/13) > >>

Renegade:
...I think the goal will be some consistency in the photos...
-mouser (September 04, 2012, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

GROCERY SHOPPING~! YAY~!

I love grocery shopping - especially at the farmers' market. :D

sword:
Film photography is time consuming and color can be very expensive. Let me know if scanned drawings or paintings might be useful. Watercolor, ink, pastel.

cranioscopical:
scanned drawings or paintings
-sword (September 05, 2012, 02:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
That could be a good idea, and distinctive.  :up:

Paul Keith:
I think you could get more feedback if you do a mock extended play youtube of the game as soon as possible. (Before the videos meant for the Kickstarter page.)

Basically just feature input stuff like implementing some of the suggestions listed and being able to see how they actually change from the default game in real time. Even the bad ideas and why they are bad ideas for the game.

Some people like me are slow on rule books and not many people have time for a pdf. A progressive video would be much faster to capture the progressive gist of the game. It may even get you faster feedback towards a gameplay mode.

I think because it's based on real items, the video could be pulled off even as a chat room recording. The idea is really just like having a blog as obvious as it sounds. Seeing a game on a daily to weekly basis is often an underrated aspect of a card game. You think a game is fun under a certain setting but turns out there's a huge exploit or once more players are into it, the original mechanic isn't as sound as it is and the game progresses into something it's not. You really want to have "pseudo-professionals" more than beta testers as soon as possible for gameplay mode for card games.

Edit:

Oh yeah, I'm not really familiar with foods respected by different nations but certain cards could gain prestige if you sort of could have a special version of those food like california oranges or something. It doesn't have to be overpowered, just that it allows a certain gravity towards a gameplay mode rather than a subjective judgement.

Another idea is the ability to fuse ingredients that are not available in the default set of cards. The fusion doesn't really have to have a special property other than the allowance for someone to escape a trapped predicament. Like maybe certain foods can't be turned into edible paper but if you have rice, a player can "summon" edible printer even if it's not in the actual design of the rule book.

Stoic Joker:
Something unique with the word "Chef" in the title might be good..
-mouser (September 03, 2012, 02:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Shuffling Chef Poker?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version