ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help me Improve my Culinary Card Game for Kickstarter: Cooking Party Cards

<< < (11/13) > >>

tomos:
I just noticed the difference between the chef cuckoo and this card game. The chef cuckoo one has more colorful cards and attractive. You really need to compete on small things like these.  :Thmbsup:
-mahesh2k (September 12, 2012, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

that's where the kickstarter money would come in I think (?)
I mean that's a lot of ($killed) work to do - whether illustrated or photographed.

mahesh2k:
Aye. Chef cuckoo has excellent illustrator for card graphics.

mouser:
I think the cards look pretty good, but what Tomos said is right -- that's part of what a kickstarter campaign could fund.

I guess there are two issues, the first would be just making the base cards look better, the second would be the photographs -- getting photographs for items which i only have clipart for currently, or retaking all photographs (the current set of graphics is all from clipart.com).

But I don't know if it's worth pursuing at this point.

I think I would like to continue to pursue this and see if there are enough people who would be willing to fund it on kickstarter.

Renegade:
I think I would like to continue to pursue this and see if there are enough people who would be willing to fund it on kickstarter.
-mouser (September 13, 2012, 06:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you thought about posting about it in any forums that would be relevant? You might get a decent response. Tricky though... Coming in as a first time poster is like dousing yourself in gasoline then deciding to smoke a joint. For forums where you already have a good presence, things usually go well.

mouser:
An initial back-of-the-envelope cost estimate for a potential kickstarter money goal:

Art costs:

* Art for box, rulebook images, and card backs: $1,500
* Card fronts: $9,000 ($60 per card/image) - this would be to buy high quality food photos licensed for game distribution, or to hire photographer, etc.Total: $10,500

Production costs (assuming a print run of 500 or so):

* 10.00 for cards
* 00.50 for betting chips
* 00.50 for rulebook
* 02.00 for boxTotal: $13

Marketing budget:

* $5,000 (just barely enough to gauge interest in cooking magazines/websites)Total: $5,000

Grand total kickstarter funding goal: $22,000

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version