ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

FBSL - Special visual effects : how to render raindrops onto a JPG

<< < (2/2)

Cpilot:
OpenGL depends on your video card and almost not on your CPU speed, so...

--- End quote ---
Fine ...it's still faster than you think, without the "asm" code. :wallbash:

f0dder:
OpenGL depends on your video card and almost not on your CPU speed, so...

--- End quote ---
Fine ...it's still faster than you think, without the "asm" code. :wallbash:
-Cpilot (April 19, 2006, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you misunderstood me, btw - I'm not saying it isn't fast, just that the sample would be more interesting *without* the "byte blocks of machine code". If it was at assembly code instead, at least it would be readable. But it would be more interesting to see this with "native" FBSL code, still.

Gothi[c]:
or even if FBSL just supported assembly instead of turbo pascal-style machine code blocks

--- End quote ---

FYI Turbo Pascal did have ASM blocks.

--- ---PROCEDURE ShowMouse ; ASSEMBLER
ASM
  MOV AX,1
  INT 33
END;

BEGIN

ASM
  MOV AX,13
  INT 10h
END;

ShowMouse;

ASM
  @WAITCLICK:
  MOV AX,3
  INT 33
  CMP BX,0
  JE @WAITCLICK
END;

END.
Maybe you ment QBasic ;)

f0dder:
Yes, I know - iirc they added asm blocks in v6. Before that, only "inline machine code" was possible, which looked a lot like what FBSL does. Ie, something like...

--- ---function getBP:word; inline($8b/$c5);

Gerome:
Hello,

Yes, I know - iirc they added asm blocks in v6. Before that, only "inline machine code" was possible, which looked a lot like what FBSL does. Ie, something like...

--- ---function getBP:word; inline($8b/$c5);

-f0dder (April 20, 2006, 04:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

FBSL was not exclusively developped to have a structured ASM layer, that is why i've simply added the tweak to load and play 'pseudo asm code' on the fly.
Sincerely, I don't have planned other kinda ASM support into my language, the demo was aimed to see a pure and nice living sample, aka tears falling down to the water via Fbsl, nothing more... :)

And don't forget that FBSL is NOT compiled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version