ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ftp-explicit-TSL logins for DC server; why does only filezilla work well?

<< < (2/3) > >>

ewemoa:
Just tested with WinSCP 4.3.9 (portable mode) with success.

The settings used were:

* Host name: dcmembers.com
* Port number: 21
* User name: <filled-in-appropriately>
* Password: <filled-in-appropriately>
* File protocol: FTP TLS Explicit encryption
Note that for File protocol there are two drop-downs.

Shades:
@superboyac:
Although unlikely in your case, I still want to point out that depending on the type of certificate, a password for that particular certificate can be required. Public certificates normally do not require a password, private (or personal) certificates do.

You can recognize them by looking at their extension. If it is *.pfx or *.p12 you look at a private certificate.

superboyac:
@superboyac:
Although unlikely in your case, I still want to point out that depending on the type of certificate, a password for that particular certificate can be required. Public certificates normally do not require a password, private (or personal) certificates do.

You can recognize them by looking at their extension. If it is *.pfx or *.p12 you look at a private certificate.
-Shades (September 01, 2012, 05:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Would the password be the same as the one I use to log into the ftp site?

superboyac:
ewemoa, thanks for that info!  I also use WinSCP occasionally.  It's good to know what settings work with each client.

Shades:
@superboyac:

-Shades (September 01, 2012, 05:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Would the password be the same as the one I use to log into the ftp site?
-superboyac (September 01, 2012, 09:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

That could be, but again unlikely (for security reasons). When installing the certificate into your system the password for the certificate has to be filled in. After correctly doing so,  the certificate will install itself. After that (and for as long as the certificate is valid) you should not have to fill in that password again.

Most certificates are valid for a year, but that period can vary between a day and 10 years (for RSA type of certificates generated by OpenSSL at least).

However, all my contributions in this thread are very likely not the cause of your problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version