topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Do I need O&O DiskImage?  (Read 2542 times)

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Do I need O&O DiskImage?
« on: August 30, 2012, 03:13 PM »
Oops, sorry.  I just figured out why I may have this on my computer.  Simple answer: I don't need it and will remove it.  I would have removed this message had I been able to figure out how to do so.  :-[  Since I couldn't figure out how to delete the message, I've just deleted what I originally wrote and replaced it with this apology.  (If someone has the power to remove it completely, I'd be most grateful if you'd do so.)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 03:27 PM by cyberdiva »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Do I need O&O DiskImage?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 03:43 PM »
Well, it's still a good question - for me :)
FWIW I have it on my computer (I think because I got it on offer for 10 dollars or so). I use it occasionally, but have yet to do a test restore.

I'm low tech, so I use O&O & Windows7 image-backup and if anything goes really wrong, I'll pray that one of them will work. If not, reinstall.

It has an apalling interface, but not much worse than Acronis before it (my previous imaging software). Otherwise it all comes down to that restore, hopefully far in the future...
Tom

brotman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Do I need O&O DiskImage?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 08:25 PM »
I got a (free after rebate) copy of O&O disk image. I didn't find it to my liking (I came from Acronis, but had too many reliability issues with TIB)   

There are many other decent and free backup programs available. I've been working my way through them and some commercial ones as well.  My current attempt is the free "Comodo Back-Up) It seems to have a reasonable  interface but I'm still working through some issues and questions with there Support.  I'll let you know how I make out.

Too bad I couldn't get acronis to work on my Win7 system.  I liked it on XP...

Chuck Brotman

Chuck Brotman