ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Shortkey to edit the selected file name in a certain way....

(1/2) > >>

Contro:
Shortkey to edit the selected file name in a certain way....

I usually have to rename audios and photos in a certain way....
I need to do individually because the subject is different.

This is my problem :

suppose the name file of the photo is :
DSCF0859.JPG
I need to edit the way quickest with the cursor just at the end of the original name. Add the comment and enter.
DSCF0859.car.JPG

So I need a soft able to do this with a definable shortkey.
If the soft exists I try first here . if don't exist I'll try in the snacks section.

Best Regards

tomos:
Do you want the hotkey to [1] actually rename the file, or, [2] just to get it in edit mode with the cursor in the correct place?

For [2] -
a) Windows 7 / Explorer
b) (better yet) Directory Opus
c) XYPlorer
d) Probably any other decent file manager out there (?)

Contro:
I am under windows xp for the several years, so I would like a more simple thing that Directory Opus.

Option [1] I think is best solution if I can enter the substring in a window after the hotkey, and then enter and voilá

Can you do ?
 :-[

skwire:
If you just want a very simple temporary hotkey, you could do something like this in AutoHotkey:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---F6:: ; Highlight a file in Windows Explorer and press F6 (or change F6 to whatever key you want).{    ; This is set for files with a three-letter extension.    ; Adjust the number in {Left 4} as necessary.    SendInput, {F2}{End}{Left 4}}Return

Contro:
If you just want a very simple temporary hotkey, you could do something like this in AutoHotkey:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---F6:: ; Highlight a file in Windows Explorer and press F6 (or change F6 to whatever key you want).{    ; This is set for files with a three-letter extension.    ; Adjust the number in {Left 4} as necessary.    SendInput, {F2}{End}{Left 4}}Return-skwire (August 30, 2012, 01:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Shortkey to edit the selected file name in a certain way.... Shortkey to edit the selected file name in a certain way.... Shortkey to edit the selected file name in a certain way.... Shortkey to edit the selected file name in a certain way....

Runing to tryyyyy . i will comment
 :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version